Archived Idk What To Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehomiesleepy

LA Street Soldier
I have two write up's for "no call no show" which was my own negligence. I got second write up 5 months ago as you can see I have taken steps to insure this doesn't again. I never call out, always provide great guest service and consistently finish my zone/go backs. I'm usually the first they call when anyone calls out, due to my open schedule. My Store Manager hates me, no idea why just has this sarcastic negative attitude towards me, yet never have I seen her display such rudeness towards others. My yearly review was written by a TL I rarely if almost never work with, and gave a such a poor review in turn crappy raise. My ETL who gave me my review apologized and stated that I was one of the few individuals which made the store what it is today cause of my work ethic, before it wasn't doing so well. The other day another TL informed me that he always throws my name out there in conversation regarding promotion cause I've never let him down, and always go above and beyond. Frankly I wanna move up really bad to TL but haven't decided if I should inform my ETL or TL so I can be interview in order to be benched. Mainly cause I'm not sure how My Store Managers dislike of me, write ups, and poor performance review would effect my chances. Also if indeed they were to how might I manage to deflect them if possible.

If that's you in your avatar, I would change it. We stay as anonymous as possible here. Spot isn't a big fan of this site.

I'd let your ETL know that you want to promote.

I hate to be 'that ' guy but having been in your position I'd say work as hard as you can, do the best possible job but look for something else so you can be out the door before they can get you performanced out.

In my experience, if you are a TM that doesn't kiss ETL ass or drink the red kool aid then the ETLs either hate you or ignore you.

In my early days, I worked in stores where the ETLs actually cared and listened to TMs. I would talk to a couple ETL-GEs about moving up. They helped push my name up.

Then came a big ETL transition. The new set of ETLs just basically ignored all my previous accomplishments. All they knew of me was that Target wasn't going to be my long term goal and Target was just my short term. When they needed my support to fill in areas of high turnover or missing TLs, I was there. And they abused me and held me down for their needs and never rewarded with proper recognition.

I would have to agree with Commie. I have already seen this a couple of times and if you aren't getting along with an STL, especially one that seems unwilling to collaborate with you. I would start looking for opportunities where your work is respected, or try to transfer to another store if you love the Spot and hope for a better interaction with leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back