Not open for further replies.

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
I'd be rich!

Anyone else feel that way?

tip-jar.jpg

Bleeb me, that stuff adds UP!

I did when I was still a barista.
My morning slam alone could tip handsomely.

I don't even want a tip jar for myself I just want those damn dollar off Starbucks coupons that literally will never print for me but will print for guests who don't even like Starbucks

I don't even want a tip jar for myself I just want those damn dollar off Starbucks coupons that literally will never print for me but will print for guests who don't even like Starbucks

Do you go to your Starbucks often? If so, do you pay with a card? If you use the same card often, you might start getting those coupons.

>>I did when I was still a barista.<<

A barista at Target? I thought tips aren't allowed. At least that's what we've been told.

They weren't.
It was a coin cup for when people would walk off & leave their change.
Eventually we had to get rid of the cup & just throw it all in the register.

Last edited:
Ah yes, that. It all goes in the pan. We've had a few try to claim the tips but when it's explained they can be termed for that, they give up. ;-)

They're loopholes. When I worked at Starbucks my regular guests would hand me money and say "give this to your mom for me". The LODs had no idea.

Yep, one of my late night regulars would place a detailed order, pay & shop real quick while I was putting it together. One time she ordered just before I closed. I'd cleaned up & clocked out but came back to keep her order safe behind the counter. When she saw I was off already, she stuffed a $5 in my apron.

When I was playing cart attendant one rainy evening, I had a woman I was doing a carryout for "accidentally" stuff a fiver in my pocket. She told me it wasn't a tip if it accidentally falls in, lol. Nicest lady ever.

Damn straight.

When I did carts, I walked waaayyy down to the end of the shopping center for one cart, because my etl made me:mad:. Wedged in that cart's fold out seat was a $20 bill. Thanks for the tip!:D

Actually gotten a few tips for helping out people take stuff out to there car. I mean its nothing special really, its a part of my job...........but ok.

Decline it politely unless they insist.
If leadership asks, you're supposed to turn it in to guest services & they add it to the register NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN.

I've gotten a dollar tip so I can "buy a soda" on lunch (???) and once was helping a lady out with a carryout to her car, she insisted on giving me a $10. I told her I can't accept that, and she "Accidentally dropped it in her cart and hoped someone nice would find it because they deserve it" ... I don't even know what I did. Made my day that someone appreciated my help.

If it's not overt or obvious, I'd see nothing wrong with slipping it in your pocket.
Just remember that there are cameras in the parking lot, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back