if I'm graduating with a BA in May, when can I apply for ETL positions?

Do I have to wait until the degree is officially posted (which could take until June) or can I start applying while still in school? How long would the hiring process take? Thank you :)

I don’t know anyone that skipped ‘Target Business College/internship‘ at a store for at least a few weeks Of training for ETL.

I thought business college was for ETL training - internal or external after a permanent hire with a placement, whereas internship is straight after college as a ‘test’ not necessarily a permanent offer with no clear placement yet.

SD pays more and...psst...you can give out discretionary pay raises (nothing too dumb of course or your boss will throw it back at you) and also you get the chance to possibly get within melee range of Brian Cornell during Fall National

You wouldn’t be able to do the internship because that’s only for undergrads...you’d have to apply for ETL....there are ETL positions opening now for post grads in pretty much every state.

I would be concerned with why they told you no internship. That’s a sign they don’t want you.
I was told the internship is for students, particularly those in their junior year,by the time the internship starts I would not be a student at all, I would have my degree in hand.

Internship is for current college students for the summer between their junior and senior years. Can stay on as an extended intern during their senior year if they do well during the summer, there’s room in the budget, and Target wants to offer them an ETL role upon graduation. Current TMs are not typically considered for internship unless they need an internship to graduate (why would Target want talented TMs to intern somewhere else and then probably leave?).

Business College is just the term for ETL onboarding. It’s not college.

Apply for ETL now if you want. Talk to your recruiter if they’re at your college/uni’s career fair.

I want the experience to put on a resume and quite frankly I need a job. I live in southern california and most of my grad friends work at starbucks now.
Starbucks Corp store is your best bet, not spot.
Here is a link from a great etl who is quitting after being at spot for over 10 years. Started as a tm to etl.

Consider applying at several companies to see what positions are available and which one will give you the best deal before you tie yourself to Spot. There must be better opportunities out there for you, both financially and in terms of work/life balance. If you do get an ETL position at Spot, continue to look for one. The winds at Spot can change suddenly and propel you right out the door. Good luck!

As someone who worked at Starbucks (corporate not licensed), depending on your district manager your life is gonna be a living hell. Went through eleven store managers and periods where we didn’t have one at all. I did a lot of work that I was not paid to do. I was also told I would be promoted (interviewed twice, got told yes twice) and never did. When I stepped down to just barista the district manager came to me “I was getting ready to promote you” 🙄 but every job/career is gonna have ups and downs. Also, if your store is shit your work/life balance is fucked up while your DM is emailing you threatening to write you up for not having 40 second DT times.

As someone who worked at Starbucks (corporate not licensed), depending on your district manager your life is gonna be a living hell. Went through eleven store managers and periods where we didn’t have one at all. I did a lot of work that I was not paid to do. I was also told I would be promoted (interviewed twice, got told yes twice) and never did. When I stepped down to just barista the district manager came to me “I was getting ready to promote you” 🙄 but every job/career is gonna have ups and downs. Also, if your store is shit your work/life balance is fucked up while your DM is emailing you threatening to write you up for not having 40 second DT times.
That's what bothers me. I don't think the metrics are even possible. 40 second drive thru times and people order 30 drinks at a time, in addition to cafe and mobile orders? and they cut payroll? The manager positions also say they want 2-3 years experience. I don't know if I can afford to be a barists or even a shift for two years hoping I get promoted. I've seen how that game goes and there's people with advanced degrees still doing entry level work.

That's what bothers me. I don't think the metrics are even possible. 40 second drive thru times and people order 30 drinks at a time, in addition to cafe and mobile orders? and they cut payroll? The manager positions also say they want 2-3 years experience. I don't know if I can afford to be a barists or even a shift for two years hoping I get promoted. I've seen how that game goes and there's people with advanced degrees still doing entry level work.
I will say the weekends they you slack. It’s like 45 or 50 seconds for DT, but it actually is possible if everyone shows up and they pull their weight. But that’s the problem. People think Starbucks is easy. The basics of it is easy but all the recipes and modifications, cleaning as you go, counting money (at target when closing you don’t count the money), being prepared for eco sure/health department and dealing with the public (freeloaders and angry just because) can get to you.

I will say the weekends they you slack. It’s like 45 or 50 seconds for DT, but it actually is possible if everyone shows up and they pull their weight. But that’s the problem. People think Starbucks is easy. The basics of it is easy but all the recipes and modifications, cleaning as you go, counting money (at target when closing you don’t count the money), being prepared for eco sure/health department and dealing with the public (freeloaders and angry just because) can get to you.
I'm sure it can. That's why I'd rather have zero work life balance as an ETL with a decent salary, save my money while I live with roommates, and then go to the next chapter. I can't afford to be a barista after graduating and living in california. other jobs are asking for 2-3 years of experience for entry level jobs.

Back