Archived I'm a Hardlines TM ETL wants me to be TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehomiesleepy

LA Street Soldier
So my ETL is interested in me being a TL for Market/P Fresh I was curious as what the job entails and list of responsibilties.

At our store this was one of the toughest TL positions. It adds an extra challenge when your section of the store has expiration dates and cleanliness has to be held to higher standards. Not to mention our store made this TL responsible for the backroom coolers/freezers, yikes! But if you do well in it and want to move up, it's a good position to have. Unless your store is like mine where good TLs stay put because their ETL doesn't want to lose them (translation - good workers do all the work so ETL doesn't have to)

I'm a CTL at a A+ volume store, my work center accounts for 42% of the total store sales. It is a lot of work but having very good routines, awesome PAs and a ETL that doesn't micro manage sure helps. Its going to help to have a good relationship with vendors but also a very good relationship with the receiving TMs and backroom TL/ TMs.You have food safety that HAS to be a huge priority(FIFO) cleaning routines etc...This is just the tip the iceberg. Any other info you need let me know.

I'm a CTL at a A+ volume store, my work center accounts for 42% of the total store sales. It is a lot of work but having very good routines, awesome PAs and a ETL that doesn't micro manage sure helps. Its going to help to have a good relationship with vendors but also a very good relationship with the receiving TMs and backroom TL/ TMs.You have food safety that HAS to be a huge priority(FIFO) cleaning routines etc...This is just the tip the iceberg. Any other info you need let me know.

I am a PA in an A+ store and being literally the right hand in Market (with my partner PA being the Left) I agree with the quote above, with unfortunately my CTL more the mouth.

Your relationship with your PA's should be first and foremost. Literally train them to almost be able to do your job. It will not only make life less stressful for you, but for us as well. I see PA as the ultimate TL in training job position as you literally own your area. How to hold people accountable, and definitely how to solve problems. Have them fluent on Instocks/Plano/Pricing/Flow and create a team amongst yourselves. Ask them areas of opportunity etc..

A PA of 6 months, will have an extraordinary answer for any interview question thrown at them.

Secondly, and not far behind. Your relationship with the BR/Flow/Plano TL is huge. Everything that is in the backroom will eventually hit the floor, and it is a major pinch point for solving problems, before they actually become one.

+1 to Dash11 and BigEyedPhish. Great position to continue your development at Target since it is challenging and highly visible among leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back