Archived I'm leaving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a great job somewhere else, and am very glad that I've not gotten any hostility or anything, which is good.

The pay I was getting was not good at all! 8.16 an hour, and the more people I talk to, the more I realize that this is really about what everyone at my store (that isn't a Team Lead or LOD) is making.

A team member I know makes 8.25 an hour, and she has a 4 year old and way more things to pay for than I do! She is also one of the hardest workers I've ever seen here. She's been working here for a long time, too. I felt really bad that she isn't getting paid better. Another team member who has been working there for at least 4 years makes about 10 an hour.

Our turnover rate is pretty big from what I understand, and lots of people are leaving because of the terrible pay. One of our biggest stores in the area had tons of people quit because a Dollar Store opened and was willing to pay more. More than Target.

One thing I'm really going to miss is the great culture of Target and the wonderful people. I'm sad, in that aspect, to be leaving.

I am getting 11.50 at a different retailer. Has anyone else had similar instances of terrible pay, and huge turnover rates because of it, etc.?

Congratulations and good luck.

I suspect you're question pretty much applies across the board.

Congratulations on the new job!

The TMs that leave our store usually leave because of the pay. In the past three months we have lost around 5 experienced TMs.
If I were to leave Target, I would miss the people I work with too. They're all great people to work with.

congrats!

at my sitore we have a very good deal of turnover; it used to be miscellaneous reasons, now it's usually leaving for better pay...

Or young students lucky enough to be living at home and graduating and going on to the next thing. Or young people living at home and deciding they'd rather try their luck elsewhere, or simply settling for living at home with no income.

must be nice...I'm not mad at 'em, though...envious, maybe, not mad

Target paid me state minimum for 8 months. To me, minimum wage is saying "We'd pay you even less, but we legally can't!"

I'm not going to jump through hoops, play frogger in 118 degree AZ heat as a cart attendant, and get yelled at for fucking $7.75.

The area I'm in everybody is having trouble keeping people due to other industries in the state making it possible for somebody without a college degree but is a high school graduate to make 100k + /year our store starts people around 9/hr. mcdonalds down the street from our store advertises 10/hr plus a hiring bonus and more pay with open availability so theres no reason anybody would be applying at our store which is part of the reason why we are so short handed or the people we do get are the bottom of the barrel as far as work ethic is concerned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back