I'm looking forward to when summer games/toys go on clearance, whenever that uis.

Gotta be careful when waiting for sales. I had a woman call and ask if the seasonal candy, I don't remember if Halloween or Easter, was on 90% sale yet. It had been 90% the day before, salvaged out the day she called. I'll spare you the details but essentially how dare we get rid of it that fast.

The day the summer sports/seasonal went clearance was always a happy day for our OPU/SFS Team, since the counts were always off, and those areas were INF country, big time. Particularly the water shoes. I despised dealing with them so much I hated to even walk down their aisle so see them in their unzoned, mismatched, off-counted glory. Not to mention looking out for their little minefield of safety hazard hangers which were always on the floor.☠️

The day the summer sports/seasonal went clearance was always a happy day for our OPU/SFS Team, since the counts were always off, and those areas were INF country, big time. Particularly the water shoes. I despised dealing with them so much I hated to even walk down their aisle so see them in their unzoned, mismatched, off-counted glory. Not to mention looking out for their little minefield of safety hazard hangers which were always on the floor.☠️
They end up in Style reshop all season long. Why does no one take care of them, or Fan Central? That also ends up in our reshop constantly, so much so that I often end up putting it back myself, if I don't stick a post-it on it with the location written, because obviously people can't figure it out themselves.

They end up in Style reshop all season long. Why does no one take care of them, or Fan Central? That also ends up in our reshop constantly, so much so that I often end up putting it back myself, if I don't stick a post-it on it with the location written, because obviously people can't figure it out themselves.
Whoever handles sporting goods or Fan Central likely has only a little blame, judging from my time in the trenches. 90% of the time, maybe more, GS couldn't be bothered to scan the tag to determine location or attempt to remember "branded sports team apparel isn't Apparel" or "hot summer item, Speedos brand specific water shoes are automatically sporting goods." When a few items are consistently messed up it is something that can be remembered or have a little note taped at GS.

Speaking of fan central, I have no idea what the hell is going on in that section lately at my store. We’re near NYC, and it always used to be Mets, Yankees, Giants, Jets, Rangers. But now we’re getting a lot of Bruins stuff and apparel from colleges all over the country. It’s very confusing.

Whoever handles sporting goods or Fan Central likely has only a little blame, judging from my time in the trenches. 90% of the time, maybe more, GS couldn't be bothered to scan the tag to determine location or attempt to remember "branded sports team apparel isn't Apparel" or "hot summer item, Speedos brand specific water shoes are automatically sporting goods." When a few items are consistently messed up it is something that can be remembered or have a little note taped at GS.
I agree, sometimes it's GS, sometimes it's the GM TM. A couple of weeks ago I kept getting the same UConn ladies t shirt, Patriots girls dress and Adidas shorts in my reshop. After the fourth day I stomped over and put the damn things away myself. It took me one minute to find all three spots, and here's the kicker: all three had full bars of the same item. So not like they were some one-offs that could be confusing.

I hear you. Loud and clear. Imagine being a kitchen DBO and getting every goddamn water bottle the store sells in your reshop. I would think by now GS would know that some of them are definitely sporting goods, but no. The SETL even put a note on my bin that all water bottles must be scanned before being tossed in my bin. Of course, no one reads it. I even get sippy cups sometimes. OTOH it's a good incentive for me to do my own reshop because if I don't, it's guaranteed that shit is ending up on my shelves.

I agree, sometimes it's GS, sometimes it's the GM TM. A couple of weeks ago I kept getting the same UConn ladies t shirt, Patriots girls dress and Adidas shorts in my reshop. After the fourth day I stomped over and put the damn things away myself. It took me one minute to find all three spots, and here's the kicker: all three had full bars of the same item. So not like they were some one-offs that could be confusing.
You let them off easy. When I had an item that kept ending up in the softlines reshop, third day of it going round-ee round the reshop carts I walkie'd for a hardlines TM to meet me between Boys and Bath, physically handed him the item and said "This is yours, not mine." Didn't show up in the reshop cart again.

You let them off easy. When I had an item that kept ending up in the softlines reshop, third day of it going round-ee round the reshop carts I walkie'd for a hardlines TM to meet me between Boys and Bath, physically handed him the item and said "This is yours, not mine." Didn't show up in the reshop cart again.
Something different regarding reverse logistics. Mdse with no info. What makes team members think I can find a upc any easier for an item than they can within their own dept. Or if it's not their dept take to that team member.

Something different regarding reverse logistics. Mdse with no info. What makes team members think I can find a upc any easier for an item than they can within their own dept. Or if it's not their dept take to that team member.
Oh that's just straight laziness. Toss it in the bin and let someone else figure it out.

Back