Archived I'm new, help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting for orientation, I'm hired as the overnight flow

Im still confused about the dress code!!

I'm sorry but for a female I think regular old khakis are (ugly) and would be really hard to work in.

Does any ones stores allow khaki colored jeans or pants even if they aren't technically khaki material?? If there is such a thing hahah

Unless your store is unbearably strict, khaki colored pants should fit the dress code.

At my store, any kind of khaki pants will work, including ankle pants and occasionally capris. I saw a girl wear leopard print pants once too, which I thought was really cute but was against the "solid colors" part of the dress code. We can also wear khaki skirts that are at least knee-length or so. Shirts can be whatever as long as they have sleeves and don't show your stomach (and are red, obviously).

In many overnight stores the dress code is a bit more relaxed than the dayside dress code. On your first night I would just wear comfy khaki pants and a red t shirt base how everyone else is dressed and then use that as your guide on the dress code. You could also ask during orientation what the appropriate dress for overnight is. Wear red shirt and "normal" khaki pants to orientation.

Walmart sells inexpensive khaki jean material. At our store if your hours don't cross over into open store hours you can wear jeans.. But ask at orientation..

In California they're way more lax. Flow is allowed in my store where jeans as long as they are off, and will be off, before opening. Black pants are allowed, but frowned upon. I would say most of our flow wear black jeans because you get insanely dirty working flow. Granted, California is this way because if they enforce a very specific dress code, they have to buy it for you (at least that's what I've been told)

My STL and ETL-HR pushed hard for me to enforce khaki pants on my overnight team. So I told my ETL-HR to work overnight and help the team unload the truck and push freight for one night, just to see how the process works. She agreed, worked the night and after seeing how dirty her khaki pants got she backed off on enforcing khaki pants.

Some stores allow jeans, some require the entire team to have tucked in shirts and khaki pants. For your first night play it safe and wear khaki colored pants. Then ask the TL or ETL what the policy is. I remember there being a video showing all flow TMs in jeans. Now that O/N flow process is becoming increasingly unheard of they are making all TMs wear khaki.

My store was fine with khaki colored jeans especially for flow.
I had a pair of industrial strength ones that ran a bit into the greenish brown khaki and no one complained but YSMV.
Considering that there are some stores where they want people to tuck in their shirts and some states where it's law that the stores can only suggest what color pants you wear, much of this is going to be flexible.
Check out what everyone else is wearing and follow suit.

my store allows jeans when the store is closed till the store opens once 8am comes and the doors get unlocked you have to be in red and khaki a few times i have done add set and had a 4am-830 am shift it was only a half hour when we have shifts like that and we are in jeans they dont say anything unless we are staying later than 830 then you have to change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back