Archived Im not sure about the Logic with my store this week. *Payroll Ect*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the perception tms have of what other people do all day. BTW - if those things weren't put on the shelf, we'd have no need for the carts. Nobody would be in the store. That actually is their work - to walk around the store, help guests find things, zone and work the pulls and reshop. Although the work should be completed quickly, walking casually is a lot more guest friendly. You won't see the backroom tms break a sweat - you're getting carts and covering breaks, etc. I guess my point is that every workcenter is important to the big picture - making sales and building guest relations that will ensure return visits. If the CAs were the only ones actually working your store would be in a very sorry state. I realize that our CAs do not do anywhere near the amount of work that they do at many other stores. I don't really know, but I can imagine that the CAs in the high volume stores are working incredibly hard - but they are doing their job just as tms on every other team are doing their jobs. If you haven't done the job, you really don't know all that it entails. I'm on instocks. Because I have a pda and printer I have tms ask me all day long to make clearance labels. I don't do that (at least not usually). They think all I do is scan and put grey dots up. It's a bit more complicated than that, but it's what they SEE me do. If you haven't been on the floor or in the backroom during the truck unload and push you have no idea what those tms do. It's the same for your job - everyone sees you pushing carts. Duh - even the guests can push carts. They have no idea what your job really is. I realize that our CAs do not do anywhere near the amount of work that CAs do at many other stores. There are reasons for that. (Our store hires developmentally disabled tms for this job. The core roles are most likely modified to meet the needs of a disabled employee. They work hard and they work well and they never NCNS. They are among our best employees.)
Don't want to get into it, but I hate when I'm pushing a flat with a pallet full of bags from the backroom all the way to the front of the store, and I just see TMs grabbing items from a cart and putting them on a self while talking to each other. Maybe it's just my store, but that does not look hard at all.

I'm not saying other TMs don't work at all, just atleast in my experience not as hard as the CAs at my store. Just the other day I had to literally clean **** AND vomit in the same shift. Show me how many TMs would do that while getting paid minimum wage.

Don't want to get into it, but I hate when I'm pushing a flat with a pallet full of bags from the backroom all the way to the front of the store, and I just see TMs grabbing items from a cart and putting them on a self while talking to each other. Maybe it's just my store, but that does not look hard at all.

I'm not saying other TMs don't work at all, just atleast in my experience not as hard as the CAs at my store. Just the other day I had to literally clean **** AND vomit in the same shift. Show me how many TMs would do that while getting paid minimum wage.

*waves hand* me. been there done that. We don't have any one specific to clean up spills. You find it, you clean it. Can't do it? Call out on the walkie. My stl has helped clean some nasty nasty restrooms, one of the CA's and I usually get stuck with "toddler" clean up, cuz we're moms. We've all done it. Cool thing is we can laugh about it... "remember when the suntan oil exploded???" LOL

Perception is everything. Sometimes dealing with guests, bad zones, backups and being the only one on the floor is as much a mental workout as pulling pallets.

As for CA.... mine are AWESOME! They cover guest service, backup cashier, photo, do restroom check ups, fill spill stations, reshop (strays) and oh yeah.. get carts too. And each of them have gone above and beyond to learn different work centers like HL, plano, food ave so that they can pick up shifts. All teams/areas are important.

I have done pretty much everything in the store ( except being a TL) even CA on a rainy day 3 days before Christmas !!!!
GSTL (GSA) are the one cleaning the restrooms , spills are first come first serve !!!!
When I am on the flow team ,I think that is the hardest thing to do ,then I am a cashier for 5 hrs and think that is the hardest thing ( dealing with unhappy guest who could not find their laxatives,or the price is higher etc) .
Zoning toys in 4 th quarter after a bunch of unruly kids who decided to touch remove every single item from the shelves ,is overwhelming !!
Zoning softline just before summer when every women in a 50 mile radius comes to try one at leat 15 different swimsuits ,and you are left with 3 full z rack ...
Plano : the make up aisle ,or how to aged 15 years in 2hrs ,trying to figure out what goes where , and take wverything off the shelves and put them back 5 inches to the right !!! But the backing is different now ,instead of a white one ,it is an off white color !!!!

It is all about perception !!!

Adding fuel to my fire, I got called over for a spill when carts were low by the ETL Hardlines and it was a water spill probably 3 inches by 5. I told her she couldn't get a paper towel at a spill station located throughout the store and she said "That's not my job it's yours".

So I had to drop down to a knee, wipe it up in 5 seconds and throw the towel in the trash and I didn't even get a thank you. So I'm realizing I think it may just be my store were people are lazy.

our store is the same way, no hours at all, went from 37 down to 20. Entire flow team leaves at 10am (we are a 6am store) regardless if truck is worked, then usually by 11am there is only one backroom guy to backstock pretty much then entire run of open stock. Barely getting by with these hours

our store is the same way, no hours at all, went from 37 down to 20. Entire flow team leaves at 10am (we are a 6am store) regardless if truck is worked, then usually by 11am there is only one backroom guy to backstock pretty much then entire run of open stock. Barely getting by with these hours

I agree it is getting ridiculous. We had literally no one on the sales floor in hardlines pretty much the entire day; the one guy who was scheduled spent pretty much his entire shift backing up at the check lanes and helping get carts in ( we never get a CA until 5pm on weekdays even though we run out of carts before noon every day). The one softlines person was also helping with back-up all day, along with answering hardlines phone calls since there was no one to get them. I don't even bother calling out for someone to get the three carts of reshop per block that has built up at the service desk because it's pointless!

I was shopping in the afternoon and every TL in the building was back-up cashing because we had two cashiers and no TMs on the sales floor except Electronics and the fitting room. Then, go figure, I got called in to close in hardlines because two hardlines closers were scheduled and one called in. Since I'm not fully trained, the other closing hardlines TM had to work with me in A while the LOD and closing TL covered the rest.

So....do you think that all of this money being saved on payroll (my store is up in sales and waaaaaaaayyyyyy down in staffing) we can expect gigantic pay increases come review time along with an added bonus check just for fun? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......sometimes I just slay myself with my sense of humor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back