Archived in a situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMNDZ bruhh

Former Backroom Dayside
ok so at my store, i am currently doing both flow team and backroom, there might be an opportunity for me to do backroom, as my permanent position (which is my goal). but the problem is, my flow TL is very restricting, and doesn't want me to leave doing flow. he didn't really like the idea of me doing backroom when i was first trained. I'm afraid to approach him on the issue, my backroom TL says he likes me on his team, as well as other backroom team members, but ultimately who's decision is it up to?who would i talk to on this issue?

Last edited:
I don't have the answer for it but I'm sort of on the same page. I want to be cross-trained and possibly work in other departments but I have a feeling my ETL won't allow it. I was discussion this with another TM and she told me that if our ETL likes us, she won't let us leave her department. Can they do this?

i don't think they can, they liked me in Flow Team , so doing other positions was almost impossible! it took me about 6 months to convince them to let me get crossed train for backroom. i gave up trying at one point because they kept saying maybe, but the logistics ETL put the backroom TL on blast for not picking people to train months ago, and I've been bothering him and the flow TL to give me a chance. its a favoring issue on their part which is pretty annoying, i say we have to go to HR for this

Last edited:
Just ask for the backroom cert & pass The test. That should get your foot in the door.

i actually am certified, and i past the test not to long ago, i just don't know who's the one who can make that decision to put me on permanently

I lost some of my best people that way from Flow to Backroom. Some just wanted to be cross-trained to help out or pick up hours. It seems to be easier to train someone you know will work and move them to the back then guess at what you might get from off the street. They shouldn't be able to hold you back, It isn't fair to you, plus it would be for the good of your store. Maybe speak to your ETL and HR.

Cashiers are the training ground for sales floor, flow is the training ground for backroom. I cannot even begin to tell you how many great cashiers are plucked from that team and taken for salesfloor positions. Same for flow, you get someone trained, they are fast, accurate and a leader within the team. In the blink of an eye they are taken for backroom, instocks or plano, and flow gets to train someone new.

Cashiers are the training ground for sales floor, flow is the training ground for backroom. I cannot even begin to tell you how many great cashiers are plucked from that team and taken for salesfloor positions. Same for flow, you get someone trained, they are fast, accurate and a leader within the team. In the blink of an eye they are taken for backroom, instocks or plano, and flow gets to train someone new.

That is generally how it works :)

I started in flow.
Worked hard, wasn't as fast as everybody else but was very accurate and willing to learn anything they threw at me.
When the signing position opened up the TL and LOG-ETL recommended me.

If I can get someone on my team to flex into other areas because of their good work effort I consider it a success. I use these instances on my review too. The one thing I think you have to be careful with is trying to take someone who is perfectly happy being a great cashier or a great flow team member. If they don't want to move around, let them be!

That sounds all too familiar but with my ETL- LOG. I'm a flow team member and my TL wanted me to cross train in backroom. He encourages all the good workers to not limit yourself to one work center. Once my ETL seen me, she would think of the dumbest jobs to keep ke occupied do I wouldn't complete my training. My TL went around her and finished training me then she finally gave in. I know she only did this because she doesn't want to lose me as a flow team member.

the thing is i don't mind doing flow, i guess its just i rather do backroom more than flow. i just can't stand some of the team members, they don't see the big picture, in backroom at least we are all on the same page. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is going or has gone through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back