Archived In need of some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took over in hardlines at my store from gstl. I am currently in charge of all stationary, kitchen, and all domestic areas. I came on board right in the middle of huge transitions and opal house. I feel almost overwhelmed with having to worry about all the POG’s (I scheduled the hours but they are taking longer than expected) and then all the truck and brand and everything getting done.

What are ways some of you get your team done with truck faster? Or tips on getting POGs done quicker or a process you have to get these things accomplished. I feel like my brain is about to explode. What are some routines you established? My team isn’t modernized right now and for whatever reason 70% of hardlines hours are still schedules in the morning for truck and I have one mid if I’m lucky and maybe 1 closer or two a week in my areas if I’m lucky. How did y’all go about getting your teams modernized as they say and get away from the huge hour load in the morning due to truck?

We still have Flow at my store, as well as a plano team to support with the workload as far as anything that is revisions or any transition that isn’t a SPL. I used to have Stationary, Housewares, Kitchen, Decorative Home, and domestics, 3 blocks worth, and I would take the adjacency calendar and preplan my workload in about 30 minutes, granted this is me doing my SPLs only. I usually knock out 10-18 SPLs a day, I print my labels all out at once and organize myself prior to hitting the floor. I see what fixtures I have before and I see what I need and I even count those. May seem like a waste to some but I personally don’t like walking back and forth. When P62 dropped, I looked at what endcaps I needed to do first. Like this week was ensuring all my Easter and seasonal PLU was taken down and moved to seasonal to clear out for new endcaps. Also, you’ll want to make sure you have your American Greeting’s vendor’s number to be in contact with them so they can set their endcaps. I’ve gone thru 3 and I’m always making sure I have them come in. I ensure majority of my endcaps that I am setting are 89-100%, so I don’t have an endcap that is light.
As for designated TMs, I was always in my areas, and we have a designated closer for each area. I would also communicate with LOD or leave the closer a note to ensure what I need done.

A typical plano day for me looks like:
-grab equipment
-grab clipboard with all my labels and my preplanned adjacency calendar
-check email, any mysupport issues I did beforehand, anything email related
-if I didn’t print labels, head to find a smart cart, head to fixture room to print labels, grab any fixtures I need.
-Then I start my workload
-Set 90-100% or what I anticipate before lunch
-Lunch
-Pull batches, go through any unqorked backstock, and push like a crazy person.

When I’m setting, Flow will usually leave any product for new endcaps for me in my cart. I make sure to give myself 100% setting time before going to lunch. Meaning demerching, cleaning, setting, and challenging any product before placing it in the back for backstocking.
When I first did my training, it was overwhelming. It was in the midst of probably 50 endcaps I had to train on setting, so my trainer gave me a greaaaat week. It was a lot to know being new to the floor, but it helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back