Archived In Stocks Daily Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be training In Stocks tomorrow and have read over the useful guide located in the other thread. Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this, but I figured I'd get more responses here. So, what is the daily In Stocks process from clocking in to finishing a shift. If someone can sum it up for me in a short paragraph that'd be great!

I shoot once a week, basically you grab your PDA, your grey dots, your rainchecks and hit the floor!

Go through the task list and shoot what it tells you to, be it RIGs, RSCH, or outs etc. Grey dot anything that is out (unless its in the backroom, as then it will be coming out automatically) . When you finish, you will either go help the other instocks TM's finish their task lists or you will print any signs you need (e.g substitutions) put them up, and then go help with all the push/fills that were generated from the shooting.

I enjoy it, but it can be a long day when sales have been high and you have lots of push at the end of the day.

At our store, we have a pretty good support team. The team member that does CAF pulls, pulls our research until 12, then consolidates our research into the pulls. We end up pushing some of the CAF pulls, but its all for the good of the store. Just a couple of points:

1. Instocks is the process of keeping accurate counts, as well as discovering the reason for inaccurate counts. When counts down add up, use the instock function (item search, scan the item, hit the book in top right corner, and hit the instock button). This will allow you to see when the last time the product came in, as well as see if its been pulled recently (it may be in a vehicle in the back room).
2. If you scan something and the counts dont add up, see if there is a common item near buy. Sometimes flow team may stock an item wrong, and another instock team member added the two items together. This was a big issues in my store. And as a result, I've been forced to pay attention to the finer details. Volume (ounces and weight) helps out.
3. When doing rigs, scan the item, not the shelf label. This speeds up the process as well as weeds out issues with inaccurate scans or stocking issues.

How many hours can one get a week working instocks at a typical Super Target with a high sales volume? When looking through the Target application process, I didn't see where one can select "instock team" as a job to apply for.

I work instocks, merchandise sequencing, and price changes at home depot. One of the problems with doing instocks at HD is that opening sales associates are often complaining and bickering at us because of the workload. A common litany I hear is "don't scan so much stuff today". We are the most unpopular team in the store, and always getting scapegoated and blamed for anything that goes wrong - even if it's not our fault.

Does the instock team at Target have similar issues, or not really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back