Archived In stocks scan question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My average is 920 and I was told its to low... that I am not completing my tasks. But I am completing them. Everything else is green.

They use to let me come in and scan outs (when we did 'em) on Saturday because I could easily knock out 1200 scans (if they left me out). It was nice because it would always bring us up into the green. As far as tips, a lot of it will goes with experience. Certain team members are better in certain areas. I never do cosmetics, but I'm a pro at electronics. Not necessarily faster, but more accurate.

My scans are in the green. Maybe I am just not doing enough critical lows?

I scan about 1200/week ( when we are allowed to shoot). That being said, if you are carefully scanning all outs and critical lows in your area and still not making scans perhaps, GASP, your store is actually full. Do you have a rescan day? That day has an insane amount of scans. If you don't, rescanning 2 to three dots per aisle should bring up your scans. Also are you scheduled 5 days? All that should be taken into account.

What exactly do you mean by "completing tasks" and "green in everything else"? Are you scanning every day for at least 4 hours? Scans per week is variable depending upon how your store's instocks schedule and StL's level of expectations are set. Some stores are expecting the IS team to zone while scanning and others are not. Are you creating rainchecks and subs during the scan time or is your direction to go back after scans to do this? I can be a better help here with more details. :)

I scan about 1200/week ( when we are allowed to shoot). That being said, if you are carefully scanning all outs and critical lows in your area and still not making scans perhaps, GASP, your store is actually full. Do you have a rescan day? That day has an insane amount of scans. If you don't, rescanning 2 to three dots per aisle should bring up your scans. Also are you scheduled 5 days? All that should be taken into account.

I am scheduled 5 days. and we have been full.

What exactly do you mean by "completing tasks" and "green in everything else"? Are you scanning every day for at least 4 hours? Scans per week is variable depending upon how your store's instocks schedule and StL's level of expectations are set. Some stores are expecting the IS team to zone while scanning and others are not. Are you creating rainchecks and subs during the scan time or is your direction to go back after scans to do this? I can be a better help here with more details. :)

I complete the section I have for the day. I have been in C and D block for weeks. and yes I am scanning for 4 hours. We zone our end caps. We do our rain checks and subs after 11am.

I complete the section I have for the day. I have been in C and D block for weeks. and yes I am scanning for 4 hours. We zone our end caps. We do our rain checks and subs after 11am.

The whole furniture section of D has fewer scans than other parts of the store due to the space one item takes up. (bookshelves vs. a stationary item for example). I would suggest that after you have fully scanned your task list, you ask your etl or tl to walk it with you and audit it. If the items are not out or critically low the scans just won't be there, especially if it is not a rescan day.

I scan 5 days a week for the entire 4 hours. I typically will finish market, electronics, entertainment, luggage, pets, seasonal, mini seasonal, sporting goods, toys, infant hardlines/softlines, shoes, checklanes, one spot. 4 days per week is new outs, 1 day per week is all outs. I scan all critical lows daily. If I finish these areas I move on to the next area. I make rainchecks and subs as I scan and set up the subs after 11. I do no zoning (used to do it and brought more than 2 carts of reshop to the front daily- they thought my time might be put to better use during scan time so that we finished our task list. In addition to this, if I zoned nobody would get called out for not doing their job or proper scheduling for the night before.) Scanning the same area daily should increase your speed since you are more familiar with the "oddball" spots and usual outs and critical lows. If it's taking you 4 hours to scan 2 sections, I think you might consider asking your trainer or tl to do a "scan-along" with you to see how you can be more efficient. Be proactive rather than wait until they tell you that you're not doing what they want. We are expected to complete at least 75 tasks per hour. Some of us do, some do not. Those who don't can expect to be coached. You've made a good start by asking for help here, but it's letting your TL know that you care about improving that will get you positive recognition.

Most of the time it is divided up by 4. so I am doing c, p fresh and d. Or I will get seasonal, e and f. We have one person that only scans softlines.
On Sundays there are only 2 of us to do the entire store and we never finish.

I did ask my TL how to improve.

Most of the time it is divided up by 4. so I am doing c, p fresh and d. Or I will get seasonal, e and f. We have one person that only scans softlines.
On Sundays there are only 2 of us to do the entire store and we never finish.

I did ask my TL how to improve.

Based on the small area that you are not able to complete, it sounds like Hardlinesmaster is right about inefficient sales floor pathing. Are the other scanners completing a significantly higher number of tasks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back