Incredible amount of store drama

Getting SO tired of the DRAMA, unequal treatment and expectations. High school clique antics.
The “mean girls” making everyone ELSE miserable.
No breaks at TSC - unless you’re part of the ‘elite group of HR peeps’ - hanging out for an hour at a time !

”fun“ activities that are NOT AT ALL inclusive to all.
Huge parties for SOME departures and birthdays - not a peep for others - regardless of position.

can we stop spending all this energy & time on crap and get some freaking work done ?

Half of guest service has a superiority complex... can’t get them to back up, line bust, cover any breaks/ cart cleaning without it being the end of the world.

Also, doesn’t help that they never stop gossiping, never stop complaining. The superiority complex makes no sense for people that literally don’t even do their job well. “GS is the hardest department in the store” meanwhile they spend half their shift doing nothing and can’t even sort reshop correctly or properly identify esim items.

Half of guest service has a superiority complex... can’t get them to back up, line bust, cover any breaks/ cart cleaning without it being the end of the world.

Also, doesn’t help that they never stop gossiping, never stop complaining. The superiority complex makes no sense for people that literally don’t even do their job well. “GS is the hardest department in the store” meanwhile they spend half their shift doing nothing and can’t even sort reshop correctly or properly identify esim items.

Same at my store, especially with the day shift. We also have a few cashiers like this.

tell them to hop on market department, and push some freezer to the floor just to cool off from their hardest dept. our GS people are so lazy, they hand me freezer gobacks (cancelled OPU's) cuz they dont wanna touch the sales floor freezer doors.

tell them to hop on market department, and push some freezer to the floor just to cool off from their hardest dept. our GS people are so lazy, they hand me freezer gobacks (cancelled OPU's) cuz they dont wanna touch the sales floor freezer doors.

GS doesn't handle the RTS/reshop from the freezer and cooler. What do you do with that anyway?

Getting SO tired of the DRAMA, unequal treatment and expectations. High school clique antics.
The “mean girls” making everyone ELSE miserable.
No breaks at TSC - unless you’re part of the ‘elite group of HR peeps’ - hanging out for an hour at a time !

”fun“ activities that are NOT AT ALL inclusive to all.
Huge parties for SOME departures and birthdays - not a peep for others - regardless of position.

can we stop spending all this energy & time on crap and get some freaking work done ?
That's why I'm so glad I'm nights. I don't see most of that nonsense anymore, although I do occasionally see folks hanging out in TSC. But for the most part HR, most Leadership and the day shift are gone and it's peaceful.

That's why I'm so glad I'm nights. I don't see most of that nonsense anymore, although I do occasionally see folks hanging out in TSC. But for the most part HR, most Leadership and the day shift are gone and it's peaceful.
Considering this. Very chill closing team. No drama, zero ego trippers. Our dayside is absolutely terrified of a 30yr veteran. LOL. How totally pathetic 1st of all to have made a 30 yr career with Targete.....then for the staff to fear them is even more pathetic. It s entertaining at least...

Day shift is spent cleaning most of the closers messes to begin with

Same here.
High school type clicks, snubs to all not ‘in’, gossip (spread mostly from hr that knows all), full blown childish behavior, lovers spats, finger pointing and a lot of ‘but it’s not MY job - someone else needs to do it - said by most, work/stuff/messes left everywhere. It’s exhausting.
Advise is to stay out of it all as much as possible. Treat all fairly and favorably, do as you’re told and go home.
Welcome to my world of being a HRTM and being left those messes that others can’t seem to clean up.

GS doesn't handle the RTS/reshop from the freezer and cooler. What do you do with that anyway?
Guest service is responsible for clearing all rts out of the device, and then they call mkt to reshop it. Reshop will just get damaged out bc we don't jnow how long its been out if temp for.

Guest service is responsible for clearing all rts out of the device, and then they call mkt to reshop it. Reshop will just get damaged out bc we don't jnow how long its been out if temp for.
Hmm, I wouldn't tolerate any frequent defecting out of cold reshop. My Drive Ups, GS, and myself or the other SETL are supporting market with that every day. There is time to do it.

Ours isn't as bad with covering other FOS areas, but they are really bad with the cliquey, complain-y, gossipy behavior. I want to break up the clique because (as cliques always do) they create absurd drama and hurt morale. I would go into details but it could identify my store. I'm thinking of how to pitch this to my ETL. I want the clique leaders broken up and moved to different areas. Problem is that they are super productive when they are actually engaged with the work. Hard to replace.

Hmm, I wouldn't tolerate any frequent defecting out of cold reshop. My Drive Ups, GS, and myself or the other SETL are supporting market with that every day. There is time to do it.
That sounds gross and dangerous. How do you know for absolutely certain that the stuff hasn't been out too long?

I've heard it is supposed to go to donate, but I didn't read it in anywhere official and I didn't hear it from the market TL, so idk if it is accurate. Nothing should have been out of temp for more then 30 minutes. However, sometimes GS will pull freezer and cooler before the guest arrives. Sometimes 15 minutes before. Sometimes the guest doesn't even have a time listed. Now if that guest doesn't show, it goes back in the cooler. I've really pushed for things not to be pulled more than 5 minutes before the guest arrives, but I'm not a TL so if I get push back, I just have to shrug my shoulders and move on.

That sounds gross and dangerous. How do you know for absolutely certain that the stuff hasn't been out too long?
I should have been clear lol. We pull the RTS ourselves and then reshop it instead of pawning it off on market. Definitely defect out any unknown cold! :D

The exception is when I audit the OPU cooler/freezer for old orders, and there's a whole cart of mixed expired/unexpired crap. Then I coordinate with market and sometimes it gets defected because everyone is slammed.

I've heard it is supposed to go to donate, but I didn't read it in anywhere official and I didn't hear it from the market TL, so idk if it is accurate. Nothing should have been out of temp for more then 30 minutes. However, sometimes GS will pull freezer and cooler before the guest arrives. Sometimes 15 minutes before. Sometimes the guest doesn't even have a time listed. Now if that guest doesn't show, it goes back in the cooler. I've really pushed for things not to be pulled more than 5 minutes before the guest arrives, but I'm not a TL so if I get push back, I just have to shrug my shoulders and move on.
Yeah I'm talking RTS straight from the cold storage. Some people think market should come pick it up when RTS is done, but that doesn't work for us.

That's smart to leave drive up orders in the cold if their arrival time is 10m+. We try to keep a close eye on that.

Ours isn't as bad with covering other FOS areas, but they are really bad with the cliquey, complain-y, gossipy behavior. I want to break up the clique because (as cliques always do) they create absurd drama and hurt morale. I would go into details but it could identify my store. I'm thinking of how to pitch this to my ETL. I want the clique leaders broken up and moved to different areas. Problem is that they are super productive when they are actually engaged with the work. Hard to replace.
Always worth it. Someone who is a 10 half the time is only a 5.

Back