Archived Injured outside of work - not eligible for FMLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I completely tore a muscle in my shoulder outside of work and since I haven't been working here for a year I wasn't eligible for FMLA. My HR told me they would have to put it as a personal unpaid leave, so I was out about two weeks at the request of my doctor. The problem I'm having is the injury hasn't healed at all but seems to have just gotten worse, and after about two hours into my shifts it's unbearable to even walk around or cashier.

Is there a possibility of getting fired for having to go on leave again, even with a doctors note? My HR is about the worst TM we have, and pretty much hates everyone so I'm a little hesitant to take more time off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The only people who's opinions matter in this situation are the ETL-HR and STL, maybe your primary ETL too. I wouldn't worry about some troublesome TM.

Sorry, I just read over my post and saw I wasn't making much sense lol. The ETL-HR is the one I'm worried about.

Oh well then that's unfortunate. X_x In my past experience with TMs going on LOA, leaving for a medical reason shouldn't be something that endangers your job, even in this circumstance. You could always try to talk to your STL too bc an STL can easily influence the way HR handles the situation. Just explain your passion for what you do to the STL, most won't wanna lose good talent to a red tape issue.

You wouldn't be qualified for an FMLA as this wouldn't qualify under that program. You would have to ask for an unpaid Medical Leave of Absence. Have you been to a doctor? Have they taken you out of work? If you go out on a Medical Leave, Target will assign a case worker to you and work with you to make sure you are taken out of work etc... You just need a doctor to take you out of work. Your HR wouldn't have anything to hold against you. Yes, it still counts as an attendance issue but, everyday doesn't count. It will count as one attendance occurrence... Worst case scenario you'd be covered under the American Disability Act (ADA) regulations. I can't tell you what to do, but Id strongly encourage you to go to your doctor again or if you haven't in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back