Archived Instock TL also BR Day TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our BR Day TL is leaving and instead of being replaced, the Instock TL will be doing both. Do other stores do this and how is it working?

Thank you all for your input! We have a strong IS team and a strong BR day team so hopefully it won't be too bad. O/N doesn't always come clean but we work around that..sometimes helping to push other times just not scanning that area. IS will be getting someone else to scan when the TL isn't there to do it. We are a research only store and it is very time consuming but we seem to have less holes than before. Our IS team pushes batches when they are done scanning for the rest of their shift. As our 12's are the biggest it works pretty well..usually the line is pretty clear by the time we leave..about 3 if we have a full 8 hrs.

Thats the same way at my Store. The BR TL is also the IS TL. He doesnt do InStocks all the time and when he does, he screws it up.

Our store too. Have to say though, that since the combination, we have burned through 3 team leads of backroom/instocks in as many years. The underlying reason is instocks never has enough hours to complete the tasks. Last Thursday, we had one person doing instocks. One person. I don't know much about IS, but i do know that won't cut it. Oh, and she only worked from 7 to 11:30.

I don't know if it is the same in every store but we have over 600 tasks.. no way one person can do it.

Absolutely nobody wants to do instocks anymore. It used to be a pleasant fulfilling role. The expectations are ridiculous!

THIS. Exactly the reason why I jumped ship from Instocks. I feel sorry for my team (or what is left of it). I help them out sometimes, but when I do, I'm just mind-boggled by everything that has changed in the two years since I was under that workcenter. Go-backs, zone, push flow, then race around to scan the store, and most of the time it doesn't get done.

They always want to ***** and talk about what isn't done but they are the cause of it because all they know is to make sure the line is clear and the reshop carts are empty.

Oh for your sales floor pathing issue, go ahead and write down the most productive pathing you can or at least that it makes the most sense. Then go to your ETL and have them sit down and do it, stay there and watch to make sure they don't screw it up, if they make some excuse or mention a god damn huddle or something then tell them to log on and let you do it because you are trying to actually fix things instead of just collect a paycheck.

THIS. What do they do in business college anymore? Just give out buzzwords, and "key phrases" to shout over the walkie while they are LOD? All any ETLs do anymore is yammer over the walkie about the line and then go to the huddle and congratulate people for doing reshop. That's it. It's all they care about. It boggles my mind.

Our store too. Have to say though, that since the combination, we have burned through 3 team leads of backroom/instocks in as many years. The underlying reason is instocks never has enough hours to complete the tasks. Last Thursday, we had one person doing instocks. One person. I don't know much about IS, but i do know that won't cut it. Oh, and she only worked from 7 to 11:30.

So, since I posted this in August our situation has changed. The TL who took on the dual role quit. Our O/N flow team NEVER finishes anymore leaving dayside to finish up. Instocks hasn't scanned in 2 months because we're too busy pushing and backstocking leftover freight from flow. Dayside BR doesn't have enough people so IS is helping out with backstocking and pulls as well as some hardlines TMs. I'm so burnt out. I have no idea how this can be fixed. I am just so disgusted with it all.

Gotta love broken logistics...

Same is happening at my store. Instocks has become backup to br, again. I know you pain.

At my store, Instocks has been pushing leftover re-shop and, of course, being the sales floor team in the mornings.

I am a Logistics TL Backroom Early AM with key and I also run the in stocks team. I have them push left over auto fill when I need them to, but the scanning does get done. I have the day side backroom team push out the priority pulls when in stocks has helped us with the auto fills. Based on what I read each store has a unique way of doing things. The only issue I have with being a combo Team Lead is that I don't have enough time to hold my instocks team accountable. I have some performance issues with them but I am too caught up with the truck to handle it. I need my spaz case of an ETL to take a vacation so I can do things how I like to fix the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back