Archived Instocks scheduling - who does yours and who approves your time off requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is for those that are on the IS teams that have a backroom/instocks TL. Technically our team is a salesfloor team, yet the ETL Log is my Tl's ETL. My ETL would be the hardlines TL. For all practical purposes, my communication is with my TL and the ETL Log. When I put in a request for time off, it is usually sent to the hardlines ETL....sits and sits and sits, since they don't usually recognize me as part of their team, and is then auto-denied. I then have to talk to the ETL log, since that's where my schedule is made and it becomes a problem due to timing, etc. Do other IStm's run into this situation? It's getting really old.

whenever i put a time off request in, i talk to my hardlines ETL (he does scheduling) and let him know so he can approve it, or if not at least let me know why.

they can have it set up to where your request goes to whoever. Talk to your ETL-Log and ETL-Hr and see if they can fix this so that doesn't happen.

In our store its a 3-step process. For example with instocks your time-off request would go to your instocks TL. If she/he denies your request it can then be escalated to ETL-LOG followed by ETL-HR and ultimately the STL.

In our store I find during yellow and red blackout periods the TLs almost immediately deny time-off requests so it tends to get escalated to the ETL-LOG. At this time of year they will let a couple people in each department take time off on weekends but certainly not seasonal people.

they can have it set up to where your request goes to whoever. Talk to your ETL-Log and ETL-Hr and see if they can fix this so that doesn't happen.

I have been asking them to do this for more than 6 months.

In our store its a 3-step process. For example with instocks your time-off request would go to your instocks TL. If she/he denies your request it can then be escalated to ETL-LOG followed by ETL-HR and ultimately the STL.

In our store I find during yellow and red blackout periods the TLs almost immediately deny time-off requests so it tends to get escalated to the ETL-LOG. At this time of year they will let a couple people in each department take time off on weekends but certainly not seasonal people.

None of our TL's do their own scheduling. It is all done by ETL's. I think my problem is that they do not know whether to have hardlines or logistics do the instocks schedules. Every schedule is a surprise for everyone. It's also difficult to have a different ETL than my TL does. I wish they could fix this at a higher level.

None of our TL's do their own scheduling. It is all done by ETL's. I think my problem is that they do not know whether to have hardlines or logistics do the instocks schedules. Every schedule is a surprise for everyone. It's also difficult to have a different ETL than my TL does. I wish they could fix this at a higher level.

That's weird the TLs don't schedule. The ETLs at my store don't write the schedules. I've seen the ETL-logistics write schedule a few times but other than that the TLs write schedules. (Which are rarely reviewed by an ETL)

I sympathize with the requests getting denied...happens regularly at my store since only a handful of TL's read their max messages daily and the ETL's never do. I wouldn't ever get a punch correction (from LOD shifts) approved if they didn't go to another TL who is another approver.

When I was on instocks, my TL was also the BRTL, and my ETL was the ETL-LOG.

Instocks is a salesfloor team. The ETL-LOG is not the instocks ETL. They may have changed it at your store, but on paper that is not the case. If it were a logistics team it would be a higher paygrade.

Instocks is a salesfloor team. The ETL-LOG is not the instocks ETL. They may have changed it at your store, but on paper that is not the case. If it were a logistics team it would be a higher paygrade.

It's the same at my store. 3 years ago we dropped 2 positions on the org chart due to the opening of a super walmart near by and we lost a TL combining BR/instocks and since then the ETL-log oversees instocks

And when the ETL-Log works overnight, that makes things even more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back