Service & Engagement Intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in our remodel and ever since they added music the intercom doesn’t feel like working most of the time. We got a new phone around the same time but I believe the problem isn’t the phone.

when we do the the code to toggle the intercom you hear the person dialing it for less than a second then it hangs up. We have made countless work orders but no one can figure out what’s wrong. Any suggestions?

yesterday it worked fine but today it just didn’t work. It’s really inconsistent and no one really knows why

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Don’t try anything . Have your low voltage deal with it . Mine did the same during the remodel and I had low voltage team to fix it
Couple things you can try. Depending on the type of phone you have, try unplugging everything from the bottom of the phone for a few seconds, plug back in, then try 52# again.

We recently remodeled and got new phones, and now all it takes is dialing 52 and waiting a couple seconds.

Couple things you can try. Depending on the type of phone you have, try unplugging everything from the bottom of the phone for a few seconds, plug back in, then try 52# again.

We recently remodeled and got new phones, and now all it takes is dialing 52 and waiting a couple seconds.
Here is the thing. I don't thing that its a problem with the phone itself. I'm pretty good with tech. I think its a hardware problem with a controller within the speakers. Its not a problem with the phone contacting the pager because you can hear the beeeeep and half a second of the speaker but then the "call" ends itself.

Its inconsistent too! Like yesterday it was working fine but today it just didn't work at ALL.

Use the phone at guest services or the tsc and lift it and press 52# or the page store button if it has one (ours does). Once the call is active any buttons pressed are played on the intercom. If it starts talking then beeping it means you tried to transfer the call. I would recommend the tsc phone. If it starts beeping it has to do with the phone not the system. The phone would make the beeping sound not the system. Try typing in the number before lifting the phone. There may be a phone in your server room which you could try if your pml will check for you. The overhead system could be programmed wrong to so it’s constantly playing the music. Have your ETL my support it and it should get fixed. Make sure you mention the exact issues and how it randomly happens. If you are going to test it do it after the store closes and make sure you try adding a # after 52 so it’s 52#. There could possibly be an extension already set to 52 but extensions should be 4 numbers I believe.

Last edited:
Looks like the question is answered.
It's time to lock this up.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.