Archived interview after getting fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a former Starbucks barista inside Target. I was fired two months ago for hitting my fifth hour, but what I argue is that our Starbucks was understaffed. I ran the kiosk by myself nearly every night from 3pm to 11:30pm. I barely had at least ONE team me ever helping me out but I was the only night closer. The day I got fired,i was running the kiosk by myself (nothing new) and I had forgot I got called in 10 min earlier. I clocked in at 2:50 pm and clocked out for my lunch at 7:50, right on the spot. I usually take my lunch 15 min before my hiitting my fifth hour. I was left alone and I had guest to attend so by the time I was done helping the guests I ran and clocked out right on my fifth. I couldn’t leave the kiosk by itself because I had got in trouble a month before for walking out and clocking out for lunch It’s been two months since I’ve been fired and I recently applied to a different target and have an interview this following week. I’m debating whether I should let HR know the truth or go on with the interview and let them find out? Please help.

Last edited:
HR has records, and they will invariable pull up your profile, and find out you were termed 2 months ago. Once they do, they will likely inform you that you are no longer being considered. Compliance violations are taken pretty seriously.

It’s really going to depend on the store’s Leadership and how desperate they are to staff..

My ETL would still let you come in for a conversation and interview. I also know a Target desperate to staff just about everywhere but especially Starbucks. They would also let you come in for at the very minimum a conversation. HR will see your status but could still be sympathetic to your situation. They’ll likely call your old store and talk to them. Whenever I do I ask what kind of TM they were and if they would rehire them again.

Compliance violations are taken pretty seriously.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't, the OP got in trouble for the opposite, clocking out for meal without coverage.

OP, call HR, explain it. With the right spin put on it, they will hear that you are so attentive to business needs that you didn't want guests to go without or the business to get in trouble with Starbucks corporate due to lack of coverage during contracted hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back