Archived Inventory prep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, my ETL staff are idiots!!!
We had inventory the other day. New ETL put in charge of it. She received no guidance from other etls. They started a superzone schedule of the salesfloor 10 days out and expected it to stay nice til inventory night. It didn't.

They put people in charge of softlines prep that have never worked softlines. Fail.

They actually thought a cashier could prep the shoe dept in a 4 hour shift. We are not a pfresh store, our shoe dept is HUGE. she got 3 aisles done and the rest was never prepped for inventory. SKU CHECK all night. I was exhausted!!

NONE of the salesfloor tls or brand leads were scheduled to do inventory prep.

Softlines racks were audited the day of inventory, very frantically by the softlines team. Because the softlines ETL had NO CLUE that the ETL in charge of inventory didn't include that in the prep schedule.

Ugh. This will go down as the worst inventory results I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

None of the sales floor TLs scheduled to do inventory prep?! Umm...that just sounds like bad planning overall. Oh well at least know although you had to deal with a frustrating night, the etl will be the one getting their ass chewed out

Oh there was NO planning. My tl asked the inventory ETL if there was a plan when she was doing her edits. The ETL said she had no clue how to prepare for inventory. The day the schedule was posted, a prep schedule was posted with all these random people doing prep. Like if they were scheduled a 4 hour cashier shift, they were added 4 more in inventory to make an 8 hour day. And since all brand leads and tls were close to 40, they weren't put on the prep schedule at all!!!

My etl-log had 1 month for inventory prep. They were working very hard to that goal, as oppose to 3 months for inventory prep.

I don't even want to think about what your numbers are going to look like @Ashfromoldsite

Sorry to hear that you're in this position ...

idiots-scar.jpg

A month? You're not supposed to prep that far out!! 4 days is all you need. That way things don't need redone again and again.

I have began sales floor 5 trailers out, and backroom 3 trailers out. In my time I have been inventory prep captain 3 times. Higher moving areas like the freezer and coolers are done the morning before inventory.

We have inventory coming in July. Our new LOG-ETL approached me today and asked me to create a plan for the backroom and receiving prepping. I don't know what the hell she is thinking. I thought ETLs were in charge of the planning.

My store recently went thru inventory. I did inventory prep in HBA stockroom locu the wacos and band everything together. Tried to keep no more than 3 different items in Waco . It's amazing the things you find. Removed all clearance and item not found. We started this about 4 days before. I think they concentrated early on prep when we still had a lot of backstock. Seems a little backwards. Haven't heard another thing about it. Don't know if it was good or bad.

We spent the morning of our inventory doing the HBA backroom cause our brilliant ETL in charge of inventory thought its just small stuff "how hard could it be?" Our team spent our entire shift and ended up staying an extra two hours to complete it, two hours cause of what we found when we were asked to audit a couple other backroom locations.

And had to call extra people cause some idiot thought it was fine to just circle the quantity on case pack boxes.. He did this on opened case pack boxes never checking that 4pcs were actually in there. We found one aisle that had errors on every shelf. He didn't break any shrink wrapped product out. Nothing rubberbanded together. Those were just the highlights.

I heard the soft lines stockroom was even worse.

I feel your pain..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back