• Thread starter JimmyTarget
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JimmyTarget

i started just after inventory last year so I don't know the process at all.
Who's involved?
How long does it take?
What's the process?

A 3rd-party company called RGIS actually does the inventory overnight for one night. The store team usually takes a week or two to prepare the store by superzoning every department and ensuring all items have barcodes among other things. If you're working on inventory night and you're not AP, you'd most likely either listen for SKU checks or zone behind the RGIS team.

Man...inventory night was one of the worst nights I've had at Target so far. At least a dozen RGIS people running through the back room, and just person (ME!) to get all their SKU checks. I got a half-assed one minute spiel about how to do SKU checks/what to do with those items. ETLs not only from our store, but other stores as well, just standing around not doing anything to help. Meanwhile, I still have FFs to pull.

So glad I'm not available on our inventory night this year.

I like inventory night as long as I'm not in electronics (so many DNI displays without DNI tags) or market (some perishables aren't supposed to be counted by RGIS because they're inventoried via TINV). My store usually gets pizza or something for everyone. Plus, working the 8-hour inventory shift might double or triple my hours for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back