Archived Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if you count everything in your section while logging it in the pda and you forget to press finish? would the system be able to tell that you didn't do the inventory count for that section?
You don't count anything....just do skew checks. Target contracts out the counters. Your job is zoning behind the counters

We just did inventory last week. They started the backroom at 6pm and the sales floor at 8pm. They did Mens first in SL and C/D in HL. We did not get any complaints from guests and we were finished by 4am. It went a lot better then I thought it would. We always started our sales floor at 10pm so I had the same what the fuck are they doing moments too but it actually worked out.

Last edited:
What happens if you count everything in your section while logging it in the pda and you forget to press finish? would the system be able to tell that you didn't do the inventory count for that section?
You don't count anything....just do skew checks. Target contracts out the counters. Your job is zoning behind the counters

@redcounts, are you talking about using TINV for consumables? If not, the store team doesn't use PDAs for the annual inventory because RGIS does the counting.

INVENTORY THIS YEAR IN COSMETICS WILL BE AMAZING. If there's a cosmetics SKU check I will cry because I have literally gone through every item and made sure all of them have a scannable barcode.

I'm pestering the Boots representative to zone her own stuff so I don't have to. The less work for me, the better.

I love it though. I'm finally getting the chance to actually zone my endcaps. Our nailpolish endcap never got shippers in, but we found old salesplanner shippers in the backroom, so we set those up and I finally have all my endcaps with shippers and I swear to god if this year doesn't go good I will be so mad because shortage better be fucking low. I have worked too damn hard to get a high shortage in cosmetics.

I work on the other side of things, as an longtime employee of the inventory company, though I did work for a bit as a seasonal Target teammember in the backroom a while back.

I've always been curious how Target uses the data from the outside inventory service. Particularly in regards to the stockroom locations.
The inventory service is supposed to scan the location for all of the (located) stockroom product, but sometimes mistakes are made, or the scanner misreads the location label (or loc labels are missing/unreadable). Plus, sometimes product is pulled (some d-coded items, or "not sold in this store", or certain other reasons), and it isn't always SUBT'd out.
So I wonder just how much the inventory service data affects Target's BLS database. Possibly all it does, is trigger location audits for the Target stockroom staff in the days following inventory for locations with discrepancies.

In my store, Backroom is started at 4pm and Salesfloor is started by 8pm, so guests are still shopping....not always fun when NOF/D-coded items are thrown on the floor by the workers who need skew-checks and then guests complain about cleanliness.

We just had our inventory on Tuesday. It was my first time experiencing that. Boring night in general.

The guys RGIS had were sometimes idiots, calling for sku checks on clearance items because they couldn't read the DPCI on the clearance sticker.

Still trying to figure out how the night of inventory, our backroom was spotless, and less than 24 hours later, it looked like a bomb was dropped in there.

We just had our inventory on Tuesday. It was my first time experiencing that. Boring night in general.
The guys RGIS had were sometimes idiots, calling for sku checks on clearance items because they couldn't read the DPCI on the clearance sticker.
Still trying to figure out how the night of inventory, our backroom was spotless, and less than 24 hours later, it looked like a bomb was dropped in there.
Rgis is suppose scan upc & not read our labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back