Archived Inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give me insight into the food inventory process or tips? I'll be doing it for my area and supporting the other food areas as well but I'm not sure what to expect. I have the tivn(?) forms and tags and whatnot already and printed what I could find off workbench but any extra help would be great.

Thanks!

I just know from target cafe inventory experience, but I would figure other food areas would be similar if not the same...basically the mydevice will ask for a section number whenever you start inventory. For example, the first cooler or area you count could be 9801, then the next 9802, and so on. Then its just basically a count of everything on the tinv sheets and then scanning those numbers in using the mydevice. Afterwards, I logged onto workbench to the one inventory link (I think its the 6th one down when you search or something..) to deal with any suspicious counts or items that did not need a count (because the mydevice won't let you count zero), and also to confirm a green %, hopefully 100%, for the lnventory date and department.

Pre-counting is your friend. Also doing a backroom cull the day of or day before to clear out anything about to expire. If it is a food area like food ave/starbucks, you'll have it a bit easier.

Order less produce the weekend before inventory. Use the inventory application to get your suspicious counts down to zero Start as soon as you can use both mydevice and The PDA if the mydevice doesn't work in your coolers. The backroom starts at 8 pm usually get that done in 1 to 2 hrs then we can start the salesfloor at 10 pm even though the store doesnt close till 11 pm. As long as it lets you go ahead and start counting the sales floor 3 hrs to count salesfloor for 2 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back