Archived Inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work 8 hours tomorrow doing inventory... Our actual inventory is on Tuesday so any ideas what I'll be doing? They say we're going to be "super zoning" but won't the store just be a mess again for Tuesday?

You will likely be super zoning and anyone who works between the end of your shift and when inventory happens will be charged with the upkeep of the areas that have been super zoned. It's a royal pain, but surprisingly rewarding to see large swaths of the store look good for multiple days. :D

its a great opp to learn how inventory works. it can show the strengths & weaknesses of your leadership & teams that are involved.
if the inventory prep is done correctly, the salesfloor will be zoned 100% perfect. the pricing teams will be resolving any "need dpci/upc items" & all clearance clearly marked. the front end will be zoned.
most areas of that are precounted first are backroom, pfresh, the pharmacy, food ave & starbux.
the madness usually last for about 3 days depending on the size of your store.
here is link on what happens during inventory:
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/311
good luck!

It's a royal pain, but surprisingly rewarding to see large swaths of the store look good for multiple days. :D

It's funny, the day after my store's inventory, I had to zone toys........and it was trashed.

Why do I hear that in a Grover voice?

Please, do not talk about Grover. [hits self over head repeatedly because another Super Grover Microphone or whatever the hell it's called started talking and singing]

OMG. I hate those stupid toys that as soon as you toss them in a cart of strays starts talking/singing/whatever and will NOT shut up. At least when it happens and I'm bagging it for a guest, it's about to be their problem. I can only assume this will get worse in the coming weeks.

OMG. I hate those stupid toys that as soon as you toss them in a cart of strays starts talking/singing/whatever and will NOT shut up. At least when it happens and I'm bagging it for a guest, it's about to be their problem. I can only assume this will get worse in the coming weeks.

Noisy toys really only bother me at the lanes during the holidays. They're SO much worse when I'm zoning or re-shopping them, especially those blasted educational toys.

Noisy toys really only bother me at the lanes during the holidays. They're SO much worse when I'm zoning or re-shopping them, especially those blasted educational toys.

BEST LUCK EVER... happened tonight! So we were all hearing about "super zone" for ad prep tomorrow, we were already working on it a bit and pushing out reshop when all of a a sudden... FIRE ALARMS and we all had to evacuate the store! Some guests continued to shop, but we were all instructed to get them and ourselves out. Then, of course, the fire trucks came and we were standing around for a while, while they investigated. Needless to say: it jacked the schedule and put a serious damper on the super zone. A lot of the guests left when the store was re-opened and left behind LOADS of reshop carts so we spent the entire night doing that. They said, "Reshop is the number one priority and the zone is second; we never got to the zone," which means tomorrow's crew will have to haul ass to get everything perfected for inventory, Tuesday night. I'm so glad I don't work tomorrow, but that was some DAMN good luck!

...Come to find out: no fire, just a faulty sensor. :D

Super zone? :rofl:

My store wasn't super zoned at all for our inventory (the type that's only important for stock holders). Heck, it's rarely super zoned for instocks (Target's own inventory procedure).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back