Archived Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cel

Jack of All Trades
What exactly does it entail? I've been with spot for 6 months so this is my first ever inventory. I was talked into the overnight team, but got to skip all the prep because my GSA schedule didn't have room for it, but it's tonight at 8 and I really have little idea what I'm doing.

Forum searching turns up a lot on inventory prep but not as much on the actual inventory process. I know a lot of it's done by a 3rd party company, and I guess I'll get assigned an area to help them with or something? Recieved basically no info on what I'm doing or what it entails since I was asked to join the team.

From my previous experience with inventory, unless you're AP or a leader you really just do SKU checks. This is simply waiting for someone from RGIS or whomever does your INV to yell "SKU Check!" Then you scan it with your PDA and see what they're having an issue with.

From my previous experience with inventory, unless you're AP or a leader you really just do SKU checks. This is simply waiting for someone from RGIS or whomever does your INV to yell "SKU Check!" Then you scan it with your PDA and see what they're having an issue with.

This. When I did inventory last year, most of the SKU checks were for items with SIM tickets (i.e. Repackage, As Is, Online Only) and random discontinued items.

I'm not sure how the backroom portion works, but the sales floor portion is mainly SKU checks and zoning.

This. When I did inventory last year, most of the SKU checks were for items with SIM tickets (i.e. Repackage, As Is, Online Only) and random discontinued items.

I'm not sure how the backroom portion works, but the sales floor portion is mainly SKU checks and zoning.

Backroom does the same thing, worst night of the year because you spend the entire night just listening for someone to yell (although most aren't smart enough to tell you which aisle they are in when there are 20 aisles and 20 people counting, and 2 people doing the checks).

What exactly does it entail? I've been with spot for 6 months so this is my first ever inventory. I was talked into the overnight team, but got to skip all the prep because my GSA schedule didn't have room for it, but it's tonight at 8 and I really have little idea what I'm doing.

Forum searching turns up a lot on inventory prep but not as much on the actual inventory process. I know a lot of it's done by a 3rd party company, and I guess I'll get assigned an area to help them with or something? Recieved basically no info on what I'm doing or what it entails since I was asked to join the team.
Depends on your store and Inventory setup.

Pretty much your store will close down the backroom (NO PULLS) for the afternoon to close to scan the backroom. The closing team will attempt to detail zone everything to planogram. Once closing hits, the closing team and the Inventory Zone team will finish off the zone in advance of the Inventory people.

A group of TMs will follow the Inventory people, and be called to do SKU checks. Usually stuff that the POS has trouble scanning, barcodes to DPCI issues, clearance/repackage....

Then certain areas (electronics) will be recounted by TMs.

Then the everything will be re-zoned when inventory finishes an area.

Yeah they pretty much had us zoning a little as we followed one of the 3 waves of inventory people waiting to hear sku check, then afterwards they wanted us to zone the whole store but basically gave up on that around 3:30 AM and just had us push all the D-Codes and PTM and such out to back caps. Was fairly fun hanging around with those on my 3-man team if kinda boring at times.

Yeah they pretty much had us zoning a little as we followed one of the 3 waves of inventory people waiting to hear sku check, then afterwards they wanted us to zone the whole store but basically gave up on that around 3:30 AM and just had us push all the D-Codes and PTM and such out to back caps. Was fairly fun hanging around with those on my 3-man team if kinda boring at times.

I've only done 1 inventory but that's how it went for me. It was tough to be up all night when I am used to working during the day. It sure doesn't have the excitement of staying up all night for Black Thursday/Friday.

The d-code stuff is so random, they come up with the weirdest stuff you haven't seen ever/in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back