Archived ipods/ music for flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I go into the backroom in the morning/early afternoon they've got our local "80s, 90s, and now!" station blasting.

Wow..."brand" music?

Otherwise known as music without swear words or racial slurs.

Some of our flow TMs carry around boomboxes and the music is not "brand" at all. I'm kind of surprised the ETL-LOG doesn't say anything. hah

Mine confiscated a backroom TM's boombox after the singer dropped an F bomb or two. The TM got his CD back after promising not to bring it to work again.

was this recently? I thought nobody was allowed to bring CDs because there's no way to prove they didn't open one off the floor

i dont think there is a day where i go without my music playing at work. since im backroom, i can listen to it whenever, even when the store is open, ile even cross the salesfloor listening to music and no one seems to care.

but what i do is i have a walkie ear piece in one ear, and my earbud in the other, its a great combo!

Wow..."brand" music?

Otherwise known as music without swear words or racial slurs.

Some of our flow TMs carry around boomboxes and the music is not "brand" at all. I'm kind of surprised the ETL-LOG doesn't say anything. hah

Mine confiscated a backroom TM's boombox after the singer dropped an F bomb or two. The TM got his CD back after promising not to bring it to work again.

was this recently? I thought nobody was allowed to bring CDs because there's no way to prove they didn't open one off the floor

No, this was a few years back.

My store has a ban on earbuds which they cite as an OSHA safety thing; I don't know if it's an official OSHA rule, but I do know OSHA has general-purpose rules that back up an employer when they deem something is unsafe. Anyway, I can get behind that as I've had to scream at someone with a single earbud whose music was so loud they still couldn't hear anything. Also, a lot of people were making phone calls using their earbuds and the attached microphone, which distracted them even more than music.

Then again, some people can't push a cart and chew bubblegum at the same time - throw in another factor like music and all sorts of accidents start to happen.

My store has a ban on earbuds which they cite as an OSHA safety thing; I don't know if it's an official OSHA rule, but I do know OSHA has general-purpose rules that back up an employer when they deem something is unsafe. Anyway, I can get behind that as I've had to scream at someone with a single earbud whose music was so loud they still couldn't hear anything. Also, a lot of people were making phone calls using their earbuds and the attached microphone, which distracted them even more than music.

Then again, some people can't push a cart and chew bubblegum at the same time - throw in another factor like music and all sorts of accidents start to happen.

They have tried to claim it is a safety issue at my store as well, however we have had deaf people work there, so what's the difference?

In the back room any type of music goes. We usually listen to hard rock, country, and rap depending on who chooses it.

On the floor we have the one ear bid rule and some of us use speakers on a low-moderate volume. Depending on who I'm working an isle with I may have my music a little louder so they can hear too otherwise I have it pretty quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back