Archived Is any other Pricing team seriously behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so Ive been pretty much running the Pricing team in my store for about 3 years now, cause Im the last man standing from several people that have come and gone over the years. Ive been able to keep the workload in check and on time in all this time until this last month when (surprise, surprise) my team (which is just me and one other person) had our hours seriously cut. There was even a week that I was scheduled by myself cause my teammate was put on flow that week. That Wed and Thur ticket counts were in the 3k! Naturally I couldnt get it all done (labels, assisting guests, getting carts and running to the registers). Its been 3 weeks since then and we have yet to recover, and our hours are not matching the projected workload.
I'm freaking out finally and don't really know what to do! Has any other Pricing team been in this boat?

At my store, pricing does not backup. That being said, the last two weeks have been a little rough. We've had ETL's, in stocks, and basically anyone they could teach helping with pricing. I don't think you're alone.

Our pricing team consists of just two people also, and we have been struggling, but we aren't behind anymore. They just throw random people at us sometimes, and we stick them in the backroom or somewhere easy to ticket. Now getting 3k done by yourself is a little ridiculous. Anytime they dont give us enough people (which is every week lol) I will keep bugging them, and hounding them till they get someone to help us. If they dont, then we just do what we can do and just let it roll over into the next day. Are you a TL? If not, then dont let it get you stressed. You can only do so much and if they do not want to schedule accordingly let it fall on them. This is the mentality I have been forced to adopt, I used to care and make sure the work was done on time and dont accurately, but we arent super human.

I have had the STL look at me when I told her last Wednesdays ticket count was 6658 and both pricing people were only scheduled until 11am (after clocking in at 8am). She looked at me and was like "and you can't get it done in that time?" I almost lost it lol. I've been told by my TL that as long as our tickets/hour are on track, they can't really get upset. We used to be able to stay until the work was done, but new ETL wants us working the schedule. I am lucky if I can get another body to help us.

@Triscuit YES! Holy monkeys I was the same way and it kills me that I have to shrug my shoulders and say "whelp..times up, time to go home" I'm not the TL and I would not wish that poor woman's job right now thats for sure.

My new thing for pricing is to print the forecast when writing the schedule, then print it again at the start of that workweek.

3500 ticket Monday when schedule was written was only 1500, 6000 ticket Wednesday was 2500 when the schedule was written.

Oh now lets randomly drop 500-1000 yellow labels into the workload daily that aren't allocated in forecast at all.

Yea my store is having a blast with the crappy forecasts from HQ. The only reason we aren't behind is due to actively looking ahead and having contingency plans for when corporate messes it all up and saying the hell with payroll. Or maybe I am just crazy to think that 60 hours of payroll isn't enough for 10-13k tickets.

Thats part of the problem there too Ajax. I work directly with my TL when she writes the schedule cause I'm the one that prints out the forecast for her. I saw the schedule she turned in for the week they put me alone. It had both pricing members on it at 40 hours. We tried to find out why it was changed and both of us got the run around, which is just another reason she and my ETL just tell me to do what we can. I just don't want to get in trouble for it is all. LOL I can't help but panic sometimes.

I get behind at least once a week now. Forecast is never right, 400-600 label changes that we don't get hours for, expectations that we are sales floor team members, expectations that we have to push everything out of the backroom, MyDevices that don't work all the time, huddle and smart huddle every day taking up at least 30 mins. I added it up and the past 4 weeks we have been anywhere from 2000-3000 over the original forecast. Last week Thursday they finished the floor but not the 100 dpci's coming out of the backroom so as the closing LOD I sat in the backroom and ticketed it all. Friday rolls around and they didn't finish the floor or the backroom due to increased workload and constant interruptions. For some reason with an entire flow team there my team was made first responder to fast service. Saturday I finished the floor and the backroom and was able to get it all pushed by Sunday (Again all as the LOD). I get so frustrated at price change every week. Why the hell can't they get this right? I never thought that when I took this position last year that price change would be the cause of all my problems.

Thats part of the problem there too Ajax. I work directly with my TL when she writes the schedule cause I'm the one that prints out the forecast for her. I saw the schedule she turned in for the week they put me alone. It had both pricing members on it at 40 hours. We tried to find out why it was changed and both of us got the run around, which is just another reason she and my ETL just tell me to do what we can. I just don't want to get in trouble for it is all. LOL I can't help but panic sometimes.

Situations like this are good to document. That way at review time, it can't bite you in the butt.

Aside from pushing the backroom, our price change team never actually gets behind.

That said it is only because someone from POG, frequently me, has to jump over to help. Occasionally we even have to switch two or more POG team members over.

This is detrimental to the POG team, but we have to deal with it.

Aside from pushing the backroom, our price change team never actually gets behind.

That said it is only because someone from POG, frequently me, has to jump over to help. Occasionally we even have to switch two or more POG team members over.

I pull my POG team to help but only when they are in a place where it won't put them behind. I don't want to get one team ahead just to put the other behind.

My TL will pull one person from the POG if they are in a good place, but one person is all she can spare from a team of 3

This is my life. Since signing isn't allotted forty hours I get pricing and Plano shifts. And randomly pulled off signing into those areas. Unless I have a good reason not to. And being behind is not enough cause there are no metrics in signing.

We fell behind last week because of Thursday's huge backroom workload. We had to finish Thursday on Friday and Friday on Monday. We finally caught up today with hopes of being ahead for Wednesday. We'll see how that works out. We are a 4-person team but I am the only one with regular afternoon availability. We're slowly inching back towards starting at 4AM again.

My team was behind going into last week but by Friday (with a lot of ETL/TL support) we caught back up.
Hopefully tomorrow's 5,000 tickets get completed or close to done.

The pricing TMs at our store were really stressed out with how far behind they are, but they have kind of mellowed out recently as they come to realize they can't do everything.

They have been focusing on the sales floor, while the STL will hold ticketing parties in the backroom every few days with random TMs.

The pricing TMs at our store were really stressed out with how far behind they are, but they have kind of mellowed out recently as they come to realize they can't do everything.

They have been focusing on the sales floor, while the STL will hold ticketing parties in the backroom every few days with random TMs.

Ticketing parties? Back to 4th grade everyone. My old STL would have "push parties." Sorry, I find all that pretty ridiculous and demeaning.

Ticketing parties? Back to 4th grade everyone. My old STL would have "push parties." Sorry, I find all that pretty ridiculous and demeaning.
Most TMs don't seem to mind it and it definitely helps make a dent in the workload.

Turn on the radio, snack on some requisitioned cookies and candy, grab a pallet and get to work. It also helps that the STL is right there working alongside them.

I think the pricing process is on the company's bottom of the totem pole while the focus is speed service sales and red cards. Out of my 15 yrs at target not much has really changed in thT process and I dint think anything in the future is upcoming. Look at my performance for price change and its on the decline. The 8 AM start for most stores isn't helping. Workload getting bigger hours are not enough for the workload. While the leadership is partying in MN we are struggling to get work done.

Most TMs don't seem to mind it and it definitely helps make a dent in the workload.

Turn on the radio, snack on some requisitioned cookies and candy, grab a pallet and get to work. It also helps that the STL is right there working alongside them.
Unless your line is full so you get to stand on the floor with the pallet and try to not annoy guests by blocking stuff...with no snacks or music.

My PPTL works POG whenever she's not LOD, and even when she's LOD she's with POG. If we fall behind, she just says "we'll figure it out" which usually amounts to me pestering the living crap out of the flow TL until they send me someone for a couple hours.

The only thing that has somewhat even kept us afloat is that even when the workload shows 8000 tickets we get scheduled like 100 hours. Then the workload jumps to 110 hours and we haul ass and get a little help in the BR. If for some reason the workload doesn't jump (which is rare) our hours get adjusted down and if we still want the hours we work salesfloor, flow, instocks, pog, br.. basically anywhere that needs us. I am a jack of all trades.. except the front end. I always pass on those hours. I know how to do it, but refuse.

Right now everything is 100% ticketed and I only have one small flat of big stuff sitting in the back unpushed. I think we are doing great considering being short 20 hours this week and today's workload being 5400 tickets plus 2-3k seasonal salvage with only 2 people today!

I think the pricing process is on the company's bottom of the totem pole while the focus is speed service sales and red cards. Out of my 15 yrs at target not much has really changed in thT process and I dint think anything in the future is upcoming. Look at my performance for price change and its on the decline. The 8 AM start for most stores isn't helping. Workload getting bigger hours are not enough for the workload. While the leadership is partying in MN we are struggling to get work done.
It is on the bottom of their priorities. I was told that by our gvp on a visit. "Why are we spending money on merchandise that doesn't sell." Is what I was told. If that's the case they need to make everything plu and let us just do label changes and re merchandise what is going clearance to a certain aisle or endcap and sign it. Or how about not send us a million of the same thing that isn't selling. Salvage it out at the DC and don't send it to the stores.

Oh but even though it's not a priority don't let your score slip! :rolleyes:

My pricing team is one of my areas that's struggling along with my pricing/Plano leader who is on her way out. I'm hemmorraging payroll trying to keep up with a 4 person pricing team but I think they are just moving slow. They average 600 tickets per person in an 8 hour shift. What's the standard you guys have? One thing I have noticed is they go down an aisle and then hit the end caps after, if they don't find something they move to another area. Thoughts?

My pricing team is one of my areas that's struggling along with my pricing/Plano leader who is on her way out. I'm hemmorraging payroll trying to keep up with a 4 person pricing team but I think they are just moving slow. They average 600 tickets per person in an 8 hour shift. What's the standard you guys have? One thing I have noticed is they go down an aisle and then hit the end caps after, if they don't find something they move to another area. Thoughts?

How is the zone? Are they doing 45 minute smart huddles every day? Are they responding to Back Up cashier requests? Are they helping guests & answering Fast Service Calls? Are they working Freight, Reshop or Pulls or 4x4s?

All of those factors will influence the speed of the team.

It is on the bottom of their priorities. I was told that by our gvp on a visit. "Why are we spending money on merchandise that doesn't sell." Is what I was told. If that's the case they need to make everything plu and let us just do label changes and re merchandise what is going clearance to a certain aisle or endcap and sign it. Or how about not send us a million of the same thing that isn't selling. Salvage it out at the DC and don't send it to the stores.

Oh but even though it's not a priority don't let your score slip! :rolleyes:

That is short sighted. Clearance itself may not have much profit, but there are guests that come into the store just to look at clearance & they might be tempted to buy regular priced merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back