Archived Is it appropriate to email an ETL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it okay for me to email an ETL? I left early because I heard some bad news that made me very emotional shortly into my shift. My ETL gets extremely upset whenever someone calls out, but I had to leave because of my mental state. I am worried that my ETL will cut my hours over this. A TL allowed me to leave, but I want to explain to my ETL what happened to avoid the consequences. Also I don't work until Thursday, and I don't know if they will be there on that day.

Is it okay for me to email an ETL? I left early because I heard some bad news that made me very emotional shortly into my shift. My ETL gets extremely upset whenever someone calls out, but I had to leave because of my mental state. I am worried that my ETL will cut my hours over this. A TL allowed me to leave, but I want to explain to my ETL what happened to avoid the consequences. Also I don't work until Thursday, and I don't know if they will be there on that day.
You can not email your etl while you are off the clock . I think you are overthinking your situation a bit , unless this happens often that you leave early but if not I say wait until you work your next shift to explain

You can not email your etl while you are off the clock . I think you are overthinking your situation a bit , unless this happens often that you leave early but if not I say wait until you work your next shift to explain
You are probably right, thank you.

My etl gave us her email for situations like these ... so I wouldn't say you can't email if you are off the clock. Obviously I'm sure it's somewhat annoying for them to add to their likely mass of emails, but I think it'd be better letting them know sooner than later if you are that worried about it!

I have all my leaderships emails but only use those at work but I’m part of the chain with leads & leaders with phone numbers. Most of the time it tends to be off the clock chatter but there’s times schedules need to be adjusted and etc.

To clarify, did you notify any leadership that you were leaving before you left that day? Did you tell them why you were leaving?

It’s not working off the clock anymore than calling the store on your day off or to call out sick? It’s a form of communication not work..?

Call the etl at the store and tell them. Email not appropriate. Asants tho.

When I was a TM I emailed my TL, ETL, and STL. All on different occasions and for different reasons. Emailed them from my gmail. It's no big deal. As a TL now, I would rather one of my TM's email me w/an explanation then just be baffled at why they left.

If its work related i see it perfectly ok to email them its another form of communication and documentation. For example since my ship tl leaves at 630pm on most daysso i give her an email at end of the night of what i left with with opu rts and due tomorrow , any supplies we need and and issue that happened while she wasnt there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back