Archived Is it normal to work sections alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
I work in a non-super target. I often work Baby alone. Sometimes unjust don't have enough time to finish all the freight since we don't usually get done with the truck till 6 am due to being short staffed...

How can I manage my time better?

assuming you're a 4am store. That's plenty of time to push that section alone in a non super target. I'm in a mid volume store and I push paper and c+d by myself. If your baby section is like 9- 12 asiles you should be able to push it

Softlines, hardlines, or both? need more information.

Jb, you push the easiest sections. A newbie could push those sections alone.

Depends on the volume and the process. If you're a 4am low volume store, then that sounds pretty normal.

Softlines, hardlines, or both? need more information.

Jb, you push the easiest sections. A newbie could push those sections alone.
C+D is the biggest sections in more stores with a ton of heavy stuff. The section someone shouldn't be able to finsh in a Low Volume store assumthing they have 6 hours to push is HBA and sometimes B(BTS/Stationary) depending on the time of year. Baby is pretty much Diapers and Baby food. 2 aisles of stuff.

Okay I guess I just must really suck. Man that baby food is tedious! I usually have at least 2 pallets worth of food/formula. Plus the pulls and the 2-3 carts or repacks.

But practice makes perfect I guess. I've kind of been struggling since I sprained my wrist on the line. I can only hope they keep me last my 90 days.

There should be a seperate person doing the repacks. If anything, you should focus on getting the pallets/pulls done first. Repacks are tedious and they really never get done they day they come in so I wouldn't worry too much about unless you're leader is saying something

Repacks should be getting done the same day...

I work my section alone 90% of the time. I don't get any help until the bitter end.
It is what it is.

Repacks should be getting done the same day...
They should is there's a dedicated repack person, but if a TM is stocking a whole section with freight+pulls, those tiny repacks items probable won't get done if they have to push those too

I am expected to do it all alone. And before my shift is over. Sometimes even on a day when I'm done at 10:45 am. I'm feeling stressed about it because I don't want to get the boot because I couldn't do it all quick enough. Luckily since I've been working in that section since I started I know where everything is by heart.

Yeah, one of the most useful things to learn on flow is to push by sight. Open the box as you walk to the aisle and eventually you'll just know when the iten goes via flavor or size. It's a lot more effencent than double checking the dcpi. Though if you're unsure, there's nothing wrong with that. Since you do the section alone, another thing you could do is sort hte boxes in carts by asile, and push all the food from cart right in front of the section

I usually put all the diapers on a flat and separate all the food from the formula in two separate carts. I'm getting faster. I just wanted to make sure it's the norm since most of the rest of the store has multiple ppl working the aisles. I feel kind of lonely, haha but hey I get to listen to music so it's cool

You have a few options here

1) Ask your etl to set up separate custom blocks for baby. Ideally 4. One for diapers and wipes, one for food and formula, one for the rest of the aisles, and one for car seats furn. Then your freight comes out organized and as a result, easier to push.

2) set carts up for each aisle, and break your freight out by aisle. Take each cart and push it.

Right now, you're pushing by piece, and taking a lot of unnecessary and time costly steps. Eliminating those is how you will get done faster.

@FlowChick it is normal to work alone however it does go against flow Best Practice. The more you're put in a section the faster you'll get because you'll know where everything goes.

Baby food was an area I had TMs push during the unload because it was heavy every night. By the time the truck was done, the entire flow team could finish it in 10 minutes.

I've been catching on to that @60SecondsRemaining!! Half the time I can barely find carts. Plus I usually have to look for something to put my backstock in since apparently Target can get fined if I put food in regular carts. Why is that tho?

@Mhugh220 that would seem like a better solution but seems like they'd rather work harder not smarter. All the extra help we have is usually zoning til the truck is done. I mean it'd be nice if I could help unload for a bit then go work on baby since it does seem to take longer then expected sometimes. I'll be half way through and come back from an aisle and see 3 more pulls and look down the baby aisle and see full carts of repacks.....

My life....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back