Archived Is it possible to pull a CAF or fill a POG from a MyDevice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's part of a backroom team members core roles to pull items for guests

Yes, however we also have shit to do. So if all salesfloor team members are trained in how to pull items, nine times out of ten it'll be faster for them to just walk over to the aisle and use the take function on the myDevice than for them to stand around and wait for me to get over there, type in the DPCI and navigate the SUBT app. That means that we spend less time dealing with simple guest pulls and can instead spend that time on other things that need doing. If it's located in the steel or you don't know where it is, I don't mind pulling that, no problem. But if you know how to pull on the myDevice, know where the item is located, and you still call for a guest pull then you are wasting both my time and yours.

My devices aren't allowed in our backroom. We've had multiple times where pulls are done or backstocking and when questioned cause the counts/ locations dont match up its usually a my device that was used. They let the PA use the my device for pulling in freezer / coolers for 3 weeks and our BRLA was shit so we stopped and went back to PDA'S only.

My devices aren't allowed in our backroom. We've had multiple times where pulls are done or backstocking and when questioned cause the counts/ locations dont match up its usually a my device that was used. They let the PA use the my device for pulling in freezer / coolers for 3 weeks and our BRLA was shit so we stopped and went back to PDA'S only.
If you backstock or take too quickly on a mydevice you can cancel out of it processing a sto/subt. The beep is not the beep which it process it only when it takes the picture there is no confirmation beep you literally can only look at the my device and watch the counts to make sure it was processed. Still hate that subt is no longer RF app makes mydevice just better in some cases for backstocking. Mywork is clearly not robust enough to be considered reliable to do the job.

If you backstock or take too quickly on a mydevice you can cancel out of it processing a sto/subt. The beep is not the beep which it process it only when it takes the picture there is no confirmation beep you literally can only look at the my device and watch the counts to make sure it was processed. Still hate that subt is no longer RF app makes mydevice just better in some cases for backstocking. Mywork is clearly not robust enough to be considered reliable to do the job.

True you do need to use a steady pace with them. But we haven't seen the issues with them. But that might be cause who is using them in the back realize they go MyDevice speed.

Yes, however we also have shit to do. So if all salesfloor team members are trained in how to pull items, nine times out of ten it'll be faster for them to just walk over to the aisle and use the take function on the myDevice than for them to stand around and wait for me to get over there, type in the DPCI and navigate the SUBT app. That means that we spend less time dealing with simple guest pulls and can instead spend that time on other things that need doing. If it's located in the steel or you don't know where it is, I don't mind pulling that, no problem. But if you know how to pull on the myDevice, know where the item is located, and you still call for a guest pull then you are wasting both my time and yours.
Everyone has shit to do. Some of it is even in our core rules. Mine include getting the brtm to pull items for a guest. I do not encourage new tm to learn to pull items, most can't be trusted to learn the difference between steel and light duty...

...I often pull it myself if I am close, but if I'm in the opposite corner I call for a pull. Brtm will have it ready by time I get there. Cuts the guest wait time in half.

And really that's everyone's top priority. Not getting into pissing matches about whose job it is to pull stuff, but to get the guest out the door with the correct item in a timely manner, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back