Archived Is There A Limit To Price Match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which tbh are a good portion of them.
There are very few prime only items... Mostly just amazon exclusives that we wouldn’t have anyways. Just because it has the prime logo doesn’t mean we don’t match it. For us to not match it, it has to specifically say “for Amazon Prime members only”

Hey all. Question: is anyone getting the Amazon price match for the beer? My store has been denying it because the Zon is out of stock. Just curious if anyone’s store is allowing it.

In the weekly email it says we can only price match from a brick and mortar store.

Edit- included price match policy

"Items containing alcohol will be subject to state-by-state regulations"

Use that for Karen or her husband Bob when they try to use Amazon

Last edited:
In the weekly email it says we can only price match from a brick and mortar store.

Edit- included price match policy

"Items containing alcohol will be subject to state-by-state regulations"

Use that for Karen or her husband Bob when they try to use Amazon
we also reserve the right to deny any price match for any reason. but I think NKG's line is better, you can just tell guests it's illegal to price match alcohol in XYZ state.

No beer, but everything else is doable. We don't pricematch off of screenshots or to clearance items on other sites.

Yeah that’s a little unreasonable of her. It’s only 2 bucks
The policy, at least as it was given to me when it was implemented, was that the item has to be an exact match to the competitor idem (same brand, model, pattern, etc.). If a guest has multiple identical items, only one can be price matched (Though this rule usually gets fudged a bit, as long as the quantity is not unreasonable). A guest can use a manufacturer coupon on the price match item, but not a Target coupon or Cartwheel. The item has to be in-stock online. The item has to be shipped and sold by the retailer, no third-party vendors. And it has to be a price that is available to the general public (For example: no Amazon Prime)
Ive heard this before and I think a lot of people are confused on how the "no amazon prime" rule works. When it says "prime" 99% of the time that just means free two day shipping if you're a prime member but that price is available to everyone. There are sometimes prime exclusives and those we do not price match.

Last edited:
There are very few prime only items... Mostly just amazon exclusives that we wouldn’t have anyways. Just because it has the prime logo doesn’t mean we don’t match it. For us to not match it, it has to specifically say “for Amazon Prime members only”
say it louder for the people in the back! Even our GSTL doesn't understand this. He also doesn't know how merchandise cards work either...

I hate the people that argue when the bar code doesn't match. They can't seem to grasp that just because the item looks the same doesn't mean it's a 100% match in every way.

I've also had people get upset when I add "must be available for purchase and in stock".

Girl, he's the type of person that will correct you in front of guests and be wrong 100% of the time. He doesn't read anything, just knows everything. I heard him tell someone we can't use the receipt generated in mygo for returns because it doesn't work...

I hate the people that argue when the bar code doesn't match. They can't seem to grasp that just because the item looks the same doesn't mean it's a 100% match in every way.

I've also had people get upset when I add "must be available for purchase and in stock".
And no the SS you took two weeks ago isn't valid. sorry

The policy, at least as it was given to me when it was implemented, was that the item has to be an exact match to the competitor idem (same brand, model, pattern, etc.). If a guest has multiple identical items, only one can be price matched (Though this rule usually gets fudged a bit, as long as the quantity is not unreasonable). A guest can use a manufacturer coupon on the price match item, but not a Target coupon or Cartwheel. The item has to be in-stock online. The item has to be shipped and sold by the retailer, no third-party vendors. And it has to be a price that is available to the general public (For example: no Amazon Prime)
AND it has to be in-stock on their website. Which would be another way to deny the beer attempt.

Girl, he's the type of person that will correct you in front of guests and be wrong 100% of the time. He doesn't read anything, just knows everything. I heard him tell someone we can't use the receipt generated in mygo for returns because it doesn't work...
If it’s that bad partner with ETL GE and discuss concerns. That’s not right

Eh. I wish Price Match would go away altogether. I'm tired of guests telling me that they see the price on their phone and not understanding that unless I also see it, then it's a no-go.

100% for this except for Target.com. A few weeks ago, our local Walmart had some diapers they were trying to get rid of on clearance. We were nearly mobbed by those angry mothers upset they couldn't get their 50% off clearance out-of-stock diapers.

Send him to my store for a week and I'll have him crying for you to take him back. With me GSTLs either get their act together or I completely and totally embarrass them in front of guest, team members and leaders. If he goes off the reservation making up his own policies I would have a print-out of the actual policy in his face before he finished his sentence.

as long as it's shipped and sold by amazon, and login isn't required for Costco, you should be doing all of them lol
We’ll do login required for Costco if we can personally verify it (print ad or one of us has a membership lol). And by amazon, I meant prime exclusive offers as long as it’s an identical item shipped from and sold by amazon.

We’ll do login required for Costco if we can personally verify it (print ad or one of us has a membership lol). And by amazon, I meant prime exclusive offers as long as it’s an identical item shipped from and sold by amazon.
I’ll usually do prime exclusive if it’s not rediculous since I don’t feel like arguing with the guest but I hard deny any login required (though I have a feeling other GSTMs at my store do it anyways)

A long long time ago I had an arguement with a coworker about this. Glad to see some reaffirmation I was right!..... whatever that's worth.

If it’s that bad partner with ETL GE and discuss concerns. That’s not right
I think they are starting to realize it. The misinformation handed down from other gas's at my store is unbelievable. Since i'm the newest one they all are like "so and so said" It's pretty bad. like I watched a gsa literally struggle to do a registry properly had to tell her how. We just got a new STL so maybe I will partner with her. There is fondness between management and certain incompet gas's it's the weirdest thing. But I think I will! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back