Archived Is there certain shades of khaki we can't wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but what's the consequence if you just tell them no? They can't coach you on it if the handbook explicitly says you can wear any color pants.

It's just like the whole staying past the end of your shift on a closing night. There's literally nothing they can do to you if you don't stay past your scheduled end shift time. I've been doing it for months now and not one single coaching. They guilt everyone into it though and make it seem like there will be consequences if you don't do it when the reality is there's nothing they can do to you.

Even though they can't (or shouldn't) coach you for something that is not against their rules, they can form a negative opinion about what kind of person/employee you are.

It's not really in anyone's best interests to be inflexible over trivial issues such as the color of your pants. And if you run out the door the minute your shift ends every single time they ask, you're probably not the first one they'll ask if he/she wants to pick up some extra hours. Once in a while it's smart to say, "Sure I can spare another half hour." The rest of the time you can say, "Sorry, I have a prior commitment & just can't stay."

It's always nice to win a trivial battle but NOT at the cost of losing the war. And I'm not just talking about this job - I'm talking about life in general.

You're right...and if I was asked, I might consider it. But they never ask, it isn't appreciated, and after having to do it several times a week for the past year, with no hope of it ever changing, I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back