Archived Is there such a thing as a "Team Trainer?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my Team Alignment meeting with my CTL the other day, and was told that I'm on track to become a "Team Trainer." Now, I've never heard of that before this, and was wondering if this was an actual position? If it is, is there a pay increase, or just more work on top of everything?

No pay increase, no official authority.

Just means you know your stuff and are "certified" to train new TMs.

I don't consider it more work, so much as different work. I just go through the manual, while they watch me, then they get to do it and I watch them. And while I'm watching them, it's really less work for me. And then I'm around to introduce them to people as they go by and answer questions like I would for anyone.

I was a Team Trainer for cashier shortly after I started. Back then (long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away) I was responsible for all the trainees & we had consistancy. I later became Team Trainer for service desk, cash office, carts & photo before things went to he// in a handbasket.

I realized what a joke the team trainer was when I saw that the guy who was supposed to train me was a team trainer. He completely freaked out when he found out he was supposed to train me...hyperventilating, sweating, etc. They had to move him off and let me be off on my own. He even told me that he can't believe how calm I am when I train people. They try to avoid him training anyone, but sheesh. Whatta joke!

I remember going to a meeting telling that Team Trainers were going to be highly responsible for training TMs and communicating with the GSTLs on who could make the cut. Team Trainers turned out to be just a fake title to make you feel good without any credit given or payraise. Then they turned into the Brand TMs and GSAs.

Yeah, I was supposed to go to the meeting, but it got cancelled and said they would reschedule it for the bunch of us who still had to do it. Next thing I know, I had another name tag and told I was good to go. Considering I was helping sales floor with back up questions after a couple of weeks, this was a natural transition.

But after training two people in two days, I'm really curious about the scratch off cards I've heard about on here.

Yeah, I was supposed to go to the meeting, but it got cancelled and said they would reschedule it for the bunch of us who still had to do it. Next thing I know, I had another name tag and told I was good to go. Considering I was helping sales floor with back up questions after a couple of weeks, this was a natural transition.

But after training two people in two days, I'm really curious about the scratch off cards I've heard about on here.

when the learning plans are completed, you will get the cards.

Hahaha, oh team trainer...my favorite was the photo board in the conference room. Not only was my photo pulled down when I was on LOA (whatever) they liked to keep people up there that had been gone for a few years.

I never did learning plans and I unofficially trained people. I did wear my trainer badge all the time though...it's going to make a good refrigerator magnet.

Hahaha, oh team trainer...my favorite was the photo board in the conference room. Not only was my photo pulled down when I was on LOA (whatever) they liked to keep people up there that had been gone for a few years.

I never did learning plans and I unofficially trained people. I did wear my trainer badge all the time though...it's going to make a good refrigerator magnet.

hmmm, i need check our trainer board too...

hmmm, i need check our trainer board too...

It was a terrible photo anyway, so I was a little glad it was taken down. An ETL told me I wasn't a trainer anymore, but I trained photo, fitting room, and backroom TMs at the request of a few TLs. Not a trainer, my foot.

Our HRTM didn't like me so my photo was "lost" shortly after it posted.
Didn't matter. TMs always came to me with any questions they had.

my photo is actually one they took at the great team hero luncheon (the one I could make) when I was in an orange shirt. They never could remember to come and take my pic at the fitting room. I train fitting room and even though I am slowly moving over to cosmetics brand (woohoo the quarter raise!!) I have told them I want to still train the fitting room because I like knowing that they are being taught right and not the way the others work the fitting room.

my favorite was the photo board in the conference room. Not only was my photo pulled down when I was on LOA (whatever) they liked to keep people up there that had been gone for a few years.

Sounds like the photo board my store used to have. It would take them several months to update it whenever someone became a trainer or left the store. Now it is either hiding in an office or it has ceased to exist.

Sounds like the photo board my store used to have. It would take them several months to update it whenever someone became a trainer or left the store. Now it is either hiding in an office or it has ceased to exist.

I was gonna say...I have not seen such a board at my store. Just as well...I don't need my picture taken for some board. The new TMs will figure it out when they are tossed on a register with me.

I was gonna say...I have not seen such a board at my store. Just as well...I don't need my picture taken for some board. The new TMs will figure it out when they are tossed on a register with me.

This. Or when they see the word TRAINER on your nametag.

I guess my post didn't go through yesterday, I just wanted to say thanks for the replies folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back