Archived Is there such thing as Light Duty at target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lazy guy on the flow team basically told management he had a condition and that he can only do light duty.

Light duty on Flow team?

How does this work?

Hmm... I know "light duty" is usually just cashiering or something like that but as for Flow I'm not sure... Flow is a very mobile position so I dunno what the expectation of light duty would be in that situation

At our store, if you are a woman you go to softlines. Men go to consumables open stock or stationary.

Light duty can mean a variety of things. That includes cashiering, fitting room, hr/tsc/clerical, or as the return-to-work procedures state:

Door greeter
Assemble redcard applications.

Depending on the medical restrictions; light duty at my store usually means cashier, guest service or fitting room. I've never heard of someone in flow being on light duty, there's nothing light about flow.

Depending on the medical restrictions; light duty at my store usually means cashier, guest service or fitting room. I've never heard of someone in flow being on light duty, there's nothing light about flow.

There actually is a lot that you can do on flow with medical restrictions. Throwing the truck and lifting heavy furniture are obviously out but you can do the parts of the process that others have mentioned in this thread. You could also collect the cardboard though making the bales would have to be done by others. If they're unable to participate in the unload process, they could help zone.
People on medical restrictions could also do certain pulls and backstocking in the backroom, like the open stock merchandise in the wacos. No heavy lifting involved and no bending over or climbing ladders.

This particular individual must have peeved off management to the point where rather than have him on the job last Friday, they simply sent him home. I haven't seen him since that weekend.

There actually is a lot that you can do on flow with medical restrictions. Throwing the truck and lifting heavy furniture are obviously out but you can do the parts of the process that others have mentioned in this thread. You could also collect the cardboard though making the bales would have to be done by others. If they're unable to participate in the unload process, they could help zone.
People on medical restrictions could also do certain pulls and backstocking in the backroom, like the open stock merchandise in the wacos. No heavy lifting involved and no bending over or climbing ladders.

Unfortunately he won't do any of that.

Unfortunately he won't do any of that.

It's going to fall under the release from his doctor on what his restrictions are. If zoning doesn't exceed any of then, he doesn't get a say in the matter.

I'm all for people using their medical properly and being productive while healing or handling a longer term hardship. What I have no sympathy for is people who get a medical and end up feeling like they should just get a free ride.

^This!
When I messed up my knee, I helped key in schedules for HR, copied forecasts & did CO.
One of our GSTLs was recovering from a motorcycle accident perched on a stool at a checklane or at service desk.
One of our FATMs recovered from a shattered ankle cashiering at FA & SB.
One of our SLTMs who was VERY pregnant took over FR.
There's too many different tasks to NOT be creative.

We had a tm who broke her foot when some shelves fell on it. They just trained her as operater. She still fills in there when they need her.

I had a deep cut in my left finger a month ago. Required to do light duty work on my left hand, not to lift 15lbs for 10 days (8 working days)

I work backroom. The only thing I wasn't able to do was lift pallets. I was still able to do my job since I was still able to use 3 fingers for support on my left hand though it was a little hard to use a PDA.

When I broke my arm and got scratched up in a car accident I worked cosmetics, defectives and moved to Plano to help fill product. After a few weeks I went back to backroom, even though still in a cast, but they found loads of stuff for me. I worked the lighter pulls, moved the pallets from the back of the line to the stockrooms, did audits, helped ad set up.... There are tons of possibilities as long as you are in good enough standing with the ETL team for them to be helpful and accommodate you without too much whining.

I have been on light duty due to work place injury, and it meant I cashiered/GS with a stool.

For the floor, it means doing operator. Other times its helping in TMSC or sort signing.

For Flow, it will probably be no heavy lifting.

When I was on light duty in the backroom/flow. I pulled/pushed electronics, cosmetics, and back stocked paper, hba, stationary etc... Just had someone throw the repacks on the top of a topper tub.

This lazy guy on the flow team basically told management he had a condition and that he can only do light duty.

Light duty on Flow team?

How does this work?

Lite duty......hahahahahahahahha.....become an ETL.

Seriously, there are a number of things you can do.....just look at all the lite work jobs that TMs have done or seen done.

Or, take a brief LOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back