Archived Is this corporate policy or is someone being shady..

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shadowy hero, our dek067.....like a stealth in the night, always believing in the underdog.

Have to agree with superttm,we have had a rogue etlhr who has done serious damage to the company with the way she handled issues such as this by claiming it was company policy,she has departed now leaving the replacement newbe to pick up the pieces.From my experience if they want to sort out something like this they have the ability to do so.It seem that there has to be someone who does not want it sorted and you are on the brink.I hope things work our for you and your health issues improve as that is the most important thing.Good luck.

Wow dek067 your a amazing person.. I will look into this some more.. I'm not staying with target that much longer. But I only want to get people higher up to know what is going on before I leave that way it doesn't happen to anyone else.. I would feel horrible letting this go so it can happen to another unfortunate TM..

I salute you dek.
That was such a wonderful thing to do.
Thank you for being there for her.

Awwww...this made me tear up because this reminds me of a TM that retired to Jamaica. She was always so helpful and was always the first to respond to back up. She has the best personality and would give her right arm to any TM that needed it. She was never appreciated by management and when she left, although I was happy for her, I knew she would be missed by us "under dogs". :( Good job Dek... Karma will praise you for your good doing.

hey, you don't need to worry...

you can be put on intermittent loa. all you need is your doctors notes and an hr who knows what theyre doing. i had an older lady in our signing who had a heart attack. management was chomping at the bits to replace her because she had been with the company for a couple of decades and was close to retiring, made as much as most tl. they bad mouthed her, even though she went above and beyond. she would have to miss a few days here and there because of her heart condition. the doctor only gave her a couple of years to live (she was in her 50s) but she had to work for the insurance. then she even lost her benefits because her average dropped down below 32, and she used up all her vacation. hr was going to term her and they started the head hunt. she was coached four times in two weeks when she came back for things that happened while she was away/silly things. the etls openly talked smack about how they were getting rid of her while i was at tsc. it made me sick. the hotline is useless.
what they didnt know is that i happened to be pretty decent with state law and target policy. our hr was worthless, so i spent a lot of time with tmsc and the group hr. i went into the system (with tmsc approval) and backkeyed intermittent loa time for each time she was absent (she qualified and was considered to be full time). not only did it bump her hours up to 31.5 and she get to keep her insurance, but it also documented all her medical issues and doctors notes. they couldn't touch her. she retired last year and now will hopefully get to babysit and spoil her grandkids, not babysit a bunch of spoiled etls. one of the two best things i ever did at target, and noone (except her) knew. the look on their faces was priceless.

you can be put on intermittent loa. all you need is your doctors notes and an hr who knows what theyre doing. i had an older lady in our signing who had a heart attack. management was chomping at the bits to replace her because she had been with the company for a couple of decades and was close to retiring, made as much as most tl. they bad mouthed her, even though she went above and beyond. she would have to miss a few days here and there because of her heart condition. the doctor only gave her a couple of years to live (she was in her 50s) but she had to work for the insurance. then she even lost her benefits because her average dropped down below 32, and she used up all her vacation. hr was going to term her and they started the head hunt. she was coached four times in two weeks when she came back for things that happened while she was away/silly things. the etls openly talked smack about how they were getting rid of her while i was at tsc. it made me sick. the hotline is useless.
what they didnt know is that i happened to be pretty decent with state law and target policy. our hr was worthless, so i spent a lot of time with tmsc and the group hr. i went into the system (with tmsc approval) and backkeyed intermittent loa time for each time she was absent (she qualified and was considered to be full time). not only did it bump her hours up to 31.5 and she get to keep her insurance, but it also documented all her medical issues and doctors notes. they couldn't touch her. she retired last year and now will hopefully get to babysit and spoil her grandkids, not babysit a bunch of spoiled etls. one of the two best things i ever did at target, and noone (except her) knew. the look on their faces was priceless.

I wish you worked at my store.

This is a great story, but how many other team members were fired over stuff like this who didn't have someone like you to go to "bat" for them? I hope there is a special place reserved in hell for "snot-nosed" ETL's/STL's, etc., who mess with people's lives just because THEY can do it.

another thing, since hewitt (sp) has taken over the loa process, i would call and speak with them. they are so disconnected from the target side of things on a store level, we actually had a tm told he couldnt take off because his work center was short handed. he needed back surgery. he waited for a while for them to find a replacement, but they kept brushing him off. so he called his doc and hewitt, went on loa, and the hr didn't even know until the paperwork had been filed. hr was pissed, but nothing he could do about it then.

Dek, I know of a person at our store that is going through the exact thing as OP. I'm passing this info on to her.

You did :wink3:good.

All Leaves of Absences are handled through the Target Benefits Center's Leaves and Disability department. 800-828-5850. They handle all aspects of Medical leaves of Absences as well as all information regarding the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) That would be where you handle all medical times away from work. You'll have to talk to the TBC to see if a Doctor's note is acceptable as form of FMLA and LOA paperwork needed to take time off from work for medical reasons.

All Leaves of Absences are handled through the Target Benefits Center's Leaves and Disability department. 800-828-5850. They handle all aspects of Medical leaves of Absences as well as all information regarding the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) That would be where you handle all medical times away from work. You'll have to talk to the TBC to see if a Doctor's note is acceptable as form of FMLA and LOA paperwork needed to take time off from work for medical reasons.

First, you talk to hr, & fill out the form.

Wow... that is amazing! You are a great advocate for the team... you should be an HRBP :)

Wow... that is amazing! You are a great advocate for the team... you should be an HRBP :)

lol. thanks, i appreciate the support from you guys!!
when i first started, i dreamed about going into hr. i've had so many bad experiences the last couple of years, i am no longer promotable. i dont think i could work in a partnership with such horrible individuals. my exec team knows exactly how i feel--nothing personal, they're just not gonna screw over my team or "distort" the truth when things are happening. luckily, my teams are awesome and bend over backwards to help make sure i can handle the pressure! the #1 thing i feel target execs/management have lost over the last 4-5 years... INTEGRITY.

when i first started, i dreamed about going into hr. i've had so many bad experiences the last couple of years, i am no longer promotable. i dont think i could work in a partnership with such horrible individuals. my exec team knows exactly how i feel--nothing personal, they're just not gonna screw over my team or "distort" the truth when things are happening. luckily, my teams are awesome and bend over backwards to help make sure i can handle the pressure! the #1 thing i feel target execs/management have lost over the last 4-5 years... INTEGRITY.

Integrity? At Target? NOOOOO!!!!

It sucks... my store was horrible when it came to this kind of thing!!! Morale was terrible, culture was negative... The leaders didn't care about the store at all and just did the minimum!!! The DTL barely visited and when she did it just pressured the ETLs to throw the team under the bus more and more! I took a lot of heat, because I was all for best practice and improving (and challenging upwards), but with those leaders, it was "rocking the boat" and I took a ton of heat!!! Then one day, it was announced that our DTL was no longer with the company and we got a new one... Our STL left the company shortly after and we got a new STL as well! Now our store has made a turn around... It isn't like 4-5 years ago (those were the days weren't they?) but they are definitely the best I've seen it since the change (mainly when Greg took over)... Our morale is improving, the team's culture is the biggest focus, and I am a better leader now because of what I went through!!!

I guess my point is that things can change BIG time based on your DTL and STL... and those changes can come totally unexpected and in a short amount of time! I thought we would never get out of our funk, but in a few short months it all changed for the better :)

Wow dek... Though why would ETLs care about a dying woman's retirement?? I'm dumbfounded.

Yeah, I've heard THOUSANDS of comments about people being completely disenchanted with Big Business and Corporate America.
Wow dek... Though why would ETLs care about a dying woman's retirement?? I'm dumbfounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back