Archived Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would Target be alerted to a private matter between you and TD Bank (the issuer of the card) such as missing a payment?

TD notifies target, you are put on corrective action. There is a specific form for it. You are given a time frame to pay, and if you do not, you are terminated. They may also garnish your wages.

Target does not report unless you're late. Most store cards are this way, so they serve no purpose in building credit. Best way to do this is to get a credit card from your bank, and use it to pay for gas, then pay it off each month.
I'm not so sure about other store cards, but my Target card (and two other store cards) all report to Equifax, Transunion, and Experian each month. And it certainly helps build your score.

jeMyFnp.png

I'm not so sure about other store cards, but my Target card (and two other store cards) all report to Equifax, Transunion, and Experian each month. And it certainly helps build your score.

jeMyFnp.png

Ha! They used to not report, it was always a huge issue with the really needy guests

Last edited:
Why do you have to run tcu as credit to use the discount? I haven't used my tcu card in over a year (back then I could use it as debit) so I haven't heard about this... Maybe I missed it in a statement or something.

Why do you have to run tcu as credit to use the discount? I haven't used my tcu card in over a year (back then I could use it as debit) so I haven't heard about this... Maybe I missed it in a statement or something.

I got this email in November.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-07-03-54-45.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-07-03-54-45.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 60
OP, if you sign up for a red card, you will make some poor cashier happy,lol. I personally have the debit version, had it for about 3 years. The extra 5% savings add up if you buy a lot of stuff, like I do but I have 4 kids and buy a lot of clothes and gifts at Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back