Archived Is traffic at your store down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been missing sales pretty badly since the news hit. Just wondered if it's affecting some stores more than others.

We've been missing sales pretty badly since the news hit. Just wondered if it's affecting some stores more than others.

Since the news about the Red Cards?

We missed our sales goal by about 5-10% yesterday, but it's been slammed non-stop yesterday and today.

I think the super paranoid people are staying at home with their tin foil hats on and are making a mountain out of a mole hill (but that's just my opinion).

Since the news about the Red Cards?

We missed our sales goal by about 5-10% yesterday, but it's been slammed non-stop yesterday and today.

I think the super paranoid people are staying at home with their tin foil hats on and are making a mountain out of a mole hill (but that's just my opinion).

This. Our sales are down, if by down you mean up. People here are concerned, but get that shit happens.

We've been slammed with business this weekend, made sales yesterday by a thin margin. Feel like we'll have a wider margin today, cashiering shift 11-7:30 was crazy.

Honestly, I feel like the only difference at my store is that we're just seeing more cash transactions. We've actually been reaching our Redcard goal and they're still pushing the same as always at my store, which is somewhat amusing. I wonder if people are cancelling their cards and then signing up for a new one at checkout because, OH YEAH, 10% discount for this past weekend plus 5% with the card? I feel like our guests are those sheep in that gif where they're trying to run away from the car but they're just circling around it because they're all following the sheep in front of them...

From what I've heard, we've been killing sales. Tons of guest traffic. The only difference I'm aware of is Red Cards. We've had few apps, but it's not destroying our score because they reduced the prompts.

are store was slammed yesterday not as much today tho.
just a lot more people paying in cash.

Saturday we missed sales by about $3000 but when i left at 930 on sunday we already beat sales by $15000.

we've been hitting sales(amazing since they were unrealistic). We've had a few alarmists...but the funny thing is the one big alarmist used a credit card to pay for their transaction.

Not sure if we hit sales today but I am guessing we must have with how busy it was. If today was a movie I would call it "Black Friday Ss Back" starring 3 cashiers, 1 CA, 1 sick GSTL and 2 brand new Guest Service workers. I just got home, didn't get to leave until almost 1:30 (because of meal compliance, not because we were done zoning/strays/Guest Service stuff)

But I digress, point was it was busy. People really love that 10% discount. I even got a redcard credit sign up on express today so it seems hell has froze over.

Honestly, I feel like the only difference at my store is that we're just seeing more cash transactions.

It's quite the opposite at my store; I've seen about 90% of transactions (in Food Ave and on check lanes) paid via card... I really think the paranoid people are either non-existent in my area or they just don't care.

Thursday to Saturday we missed sales by about $70,000 and made sales on Sunday. Looking at guest count compared to last year we are down 20-40% since news hit. Watching the news this morning and it sounds like the 10% didn't do much.

Went $50,000 over for sales on Saturday... it was a madhouse. Totally dead on Sunday, though. Most boring day I've had in a while, but we needed it.

As a cashier, I'm still pushing the redcard (got 1 today surprisingly). People laugh @ me and tell me its not safe/they don't trust it, then whip out a credit card and pay. We were slow til about 2 pm when it got really busy. Guest services was swamped. The closer we get to Christmas, the more hateful people have become.

I was in there for a few tonight - it was busier than normal for 8pm. IN talking to a cashier she said it had been crazy since she got there at 3!

We have still been killing sales, just seeing a lot more cash transactions. And red cards are higher than usual, which is doing wonders for our conversion since it isn't prompting at all!

We have been very busy. Don't think our traffic has been down. I think if you take the Gregg Steinhafel 10% discount out the number we would have made it for both Saturday and Sunday. Of course I am sure there were a few guests that shopped just to get that discount. Today seems very busy and they called back-up cashiers all day. Part of the time I did not have walkie and really did not try hard to find one. Later when I had a walkie I stayed busy setting my kids Valentines Dinnerware Focal. Only got a few dirty looks for putting up this endcap.

Today was crazy. Had to park all the way in the back of the employee lot today. Thankfully I was in the Backroom all day.

I don't know about sales at my store, but I do know that we've been crazy swamped! The past few days have been insanely busy, like black Friday every day. We've had all our registers open, and there's a line at each one nonstop. I've even been able to get four redcards in the past few days, and I usually not so great with those.

I'm beginning to wonder where all of these people come from. I mean, it's just a constant deluge of shoppers. And screaming kinds, too :( And reshop nightmares. I'll be glad when the holidays are over!

Today at huddle we were informed that this past Saturday we pulled Black Friday level #s, crushed our goal. I can believe it, it was crazy out there and we were short handed because of call-outs, ended up there until 1 AM (closed at 12, supposed to be out the door by 12:30) because of the like...5 extra carts of go-backs that needed to be sorted after zoning. At one point I was covering fitting room/operator and electronics solo, so I had 2 phones and guests at both places...crazy.

Sunday and today were very heavily trafficked too, I've had cashier shifts both days, and yesterday in particular ended up actually cashiering the whole day (I'm a utility player so I end up all over, like today I did cashiering, food truck push with the market team, go-backs and cart attendant). After yesterday I was absolutely wiped out, I sat down in the break room to talk with another co-worker right after we clocked out and we both ended up sitting for like 45 minutes because we were too tired to leave. Except for scheduled breaks Sunday I had literally 0 opportunity to do anything whatsoever except check out a constant line of guests, it was draining. No opportunity to breathe.

I can that we made sales and them some on Monday. As for Tuesday it was busy, not super busy. We were finished with the ad and pulls by 8pm, so the LOD sent everyone home, except herself and the GSA. Store looked bad, but would not have gotten too much zoned before closing. It was a nice early Christmas gift.

When I went in yesterday (or today) at 4AM, the zone wasn't bad, but our autofills were huge and there was a ton of re-shop. Before the store opened, we only had enough TMs for ad set and pushing the P-Fresh truck. With all the un-pushed autofills (and who knows how big the CAFs were), I'll be amazed if anyone touched the re-shop.

Our store has been busy but sales are disturbingly low. We missed the mark on BF and I don't think it's gotten better since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back