Archived Item not found problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I have been pulling flex and curb side for backroom and I got a problem with recurring items being not available but still appearing in our orders. This is also happening to me on flexible fulfillment and it makes my pulls on orders usually around 10-14/25. Which is really making my pull accuracy low.

Make sure all the RIGS are being shot by the Instocks team. Items you can't find for Flex show up in their tasklist the next day. They can't find it either, reset the OH to zero and the item is no longer available to order for Flex.

We are having the same issue at my store in fulliment...a lot of the time the non located items (at my store) are Web only items that someone forgot to backstock.. or backstocked the items incorrectly. So I always have to go down the aisle it should be on in the backroom and find it. I suggest you let your tl or etl know about the problem... right now my fulliment tl is locuing all the Web only aisles to fix the problem. Hopefully it works

And you have to hope your In-Stocks team is given time to shoot the Rigs. I wish we were. So sorry when you find the ghosts. I know for a couple of our FF guys who I know are good they will call me on radio and I will zero stuff out when they give me the DCPI.

so I have been pulling flex and curb side for backroom and I got a problem with recurring items being not available but still appearing in our orders. This is also happening to me on flexible fulfillment and it makes my pulls on orders usually around 10-14/25. Which is really making my pull accuracy low.
When you can't find an item and hit "item not here," the item will drop back into the on hands within an hour but there will be a 24 hour block on it from being eligible for online order again.

The only way to get it to permanently stop it is to grab a myDevice and research the counts to zero. Make sure you wait at least a few minutes after cancelling the order to give time for the item to drop back into the store's "on hand" amounts.

I am beyond mystified as to why they haven't incorporated this into myFA yet. In my experience, Flexible Fulfilment TMs look just as hard (if not harder) than Instocks for some of these items. When they can't find something, we just don't have it and the counts need to be set to zero.

Items you can't find for Flex show up in their tasklist the next day.
No they don't.

We had a lot of problems with FF items not being found because they had been flexed on the floor. We now store tie our flexed items to the aisle using section 11. Although it is not an exact location, you are at least in the right aisle (or endcap) and it's been a big help for FF and price change.

Our store was really bad over the Holidays, but that's mostly to do with product flying off the shelves before the order could be picked. The past couple of weeks we have been pretty solid in terms of being able to find our items.

reset the OH to zero and the item is no longer available to order for Flex.
Unfortunately, this doesn't always work the first time. Sometimes, the on hands won't change, no matter how many days in a row you research the damn thing.

No they don't.
Sorry, I've been told they do, and have seen it myself. I worked FF, not found an item, then worked on Rigs the next day and had to try to find the same item.
Unfortunately, this doesn't always work the first time. Sometimes, the on hands won't change, no matter how many days in a row you research the damn thing.
If you notice it doesn't change, get two TMs to research the same item the same day. That overrides the filter. Or that's what I've been told anyway.

Sorry, I've been told they do, and have seen it myself. I worked FF, not found an item, then worked on Rigs the next day and had to try to find the same item.
I've seen it happen once, for one item, but it was probably just a coincidence. I keep a list of DPCIs that I have "not found" multiple times in the same week, and if I can't get my hands on a myDevice, I've seen the same items come up 5 days in a row or many times over several weeks. There's no way out Instocks team sucks that bad.

If you notice it doesn't change, get two TMs to research the same item the same day. That overrides the filter. Or that's what I've been told anyway.
I read this trick on here somewhere and use it all the time! It helped a ton with correcting the counts on all of the high dollar electronics that walked out the door on Thanksgiving but we kept getting orders for. I would just ask to borrow someone's myDevice for a minute, toggle to research mode to change the counts, then log out and log in as myself and do it again.

There's no way our Instocks team sucks that bad.

Yes. They do. Probably because the aisle is badly zoned, the POG never got set, or maybe they just skip it to be able to say they're "done." Get a myDevice when you can and research it to zero yourself, or it'll never get changed.

Yes. They do. Probably because the aisle is badly zoned, the POG never got set, or maybe they just skip it to be able to say they're "done." Get a myDevice when you can and research it to zero yourself, or it'll never get changed.
It's not just one item or one aisle or one department though. I have repeat items "not here" all the time and all over the store.

But like I said, I do write it down if I notice it coming up a lot and I'll take care of it when I can get a myDevice (rare these days).

It would just save so much frustration if myFA did this automatically.

I read this trick on here somewhere and use it all the time! It helped a ton with correcting the counts on all of the high dollar electronics that walked out the door on Thanksgiving but we kept getting orders for. I would just ask to borrow someone's myDevice for a minute, toggle to research mode to change the counts, then log out and log in as myself and do it again.

Thank you! I'm going to try this tomorrow! I have been trying to change our alcohol OHs for weeks, and have been told by my APBP that I have to change it in Research 3 days in a row for it to work. Unfortunately, I'm part time and am rarely ever there 3 days in a row, and my peers will usually forget...

Last edited:
I've heard that too. I think I read it on this site actually lol. But I tried that on a PS4 over the holidays, and it didn't work. I think the price of the item might have something to do with it.

INFs do not make the item appear on the RIGs tasklist. If they did, my tasklist would have 20+ pieces of softlines every day to locate and count, which thankfully, it does not.

There's no way out Instocks team sucks that bad.

In order to be good at their job, they have to be allowed to actually do their job.

I've heard that too. I think I read it on this site actually lol. But I tried that on a PS4 over the holidays, and it didn't work. I think the price of the item might have something to do with it.
I had to do the PS4 two days in a row before it actually took it. We were missing four of them...

Researching anything $100 or more or at least three casepacks worth will cause the item to hit the Drastic Count Report when the system does the batch processing for item counts in the middle of the night.

The item must be researched again another day within one week before the updated count will go through. It can be the same TM both times or someone else, but it must be done again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back