Archived Item Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I am fairly new at Target and I am officially an electronics team member but I cross train. My question is there a better way to look up an item for the guest. I was shown to use the item search on the PDA but it's super slow, is there a better way to do it?

RF Apps are generally faster than Item Search, but it takes about a half dozen different functions in RF to show everything IS does in one screen. It really just depends on what you're trying to do for the guest. If you're looking up a price or trying to verify a gift card promotion or something, price lookup in RF is what I usually use (5, then 2 to get there). If you're pulling an item for a guest in the back, you can use the stockroom locator function in RF to find the item, but it usually makes more sense to me to just scan it in the SUBT app, since you have to toggle over to it anyways. If it has backroom locations (as long as the item in question is accurately located), it'll show up on that screen.

If you have the UPC/DPCI:

Price and/or Promotion Look-up: RF Apps > 5 Pricing > 2 Price Look-up. You can also use Price Inquiry on any cash register.
Any in the back? RF Apps > LOC or use the SUBT WebApp. The price scanners also tell whether or not (yes or no, not where) the item is located in the backroom.
Check other stores: Your only option on a PDA is Item Search. RF Apps does not have this info anywhere.

If you don't have the UPC/DPCI:

You'll have to search for the item. If you don't want to use Item Search on the PDA, you'll have to use a different device because no other PDA app allows a text search. If you don't have a smart phone or iPod Touch, you can use the iPhone display or any store-use iPad and use the Target app to search. Once you have the DPCI, you can proceed with the above options.

"Merchandise Locate" button on the register. You can print out the backroom location at your store, or check other nearby stores.

One your store starts using the iPods, "item search" will be a lot smoother. It even shows pictures one most items! I love them!

"Merchandise Locate" button on the register. You can print out the backroom location at your store, or check other nearby stores.

Merch Locate is slower than frozen molasses. Plus, it only allows you to search by UPC or DPCI (no text search), and the information only updates once a day. If you have a PDA, it's far more intuitive to use Item Search.

One your store starts using the iPods, "item search" will be a lot smoother. It even shows pictures one most items! I love them!

I can't wait.

I just use the tablet displays we have. This is particularly useful for movies and CDs because I have no freaking clue all the things we carry.

I just use the tablet displays we have. This is particularly useful for movies and CDs because I have no freaking clue all the things we carry.

This. The Target app search is way more useful for MMB than Item Search because the item descriptions are all weird and abbreviated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back