Archived It's official, they have run out of ideas at corporate

Status
Not open for further replies.

talan123

Team Member/Troll
I don't know who or what is in charge at corporate that comes up with this stuff other than a toddler/sociopath. But I am seriously considering sending in the idea about every idea being approved by a 7 year old.

To have better recognition for some reason, corporate has sent our store bigger GTC's.

They are giant, I am talking about folder size or 8"x11". They just took the exact same size parameters, paper, and color from the small GTC's and transferred them to these monstrosities. You ever wanted to write an entire paper about a specific event for EVERYBODY to see in order to recognize somebody?

You just have to sit there and stare at the new cards for a while to realize the epic fail here. Somebody thought it was a good idea to take a decent idea, GTC's, and make it "bigger." They actually had a conversation that said, "Let's make them bigger so that people will feel better about working here!" I doubt they even considered, you know, trying to fix the problems that are causing said moral issues.

:facepalm: That is messed up. We get these cards but they are far from Targets as they dont push them. I forgot the whole deal on them but I dont really care.

We had an ice cream party on Thrusday. That was good enough for recognition. No need for silly papers.

They are suppose to be for the contributor of the month thing, let all the TLs and ETLs sign it, not really meant for day to day recognition.

P.S. - Unngh.... bye all, I start work in 25 minutes.....

Same here. We have those big GTCs for awhile now. Most of the time TLs uses it to recognize someone at their TL meetings

The only idea I see that Corp is still working on is more stores, more TMs, more duties, less payroll, less titles, and less benefits.

I just looked at my old district. It used to be 6 stores of 4 high volume and 2 low volume stores in a major metro/suburban area. Now its 13 stores...Half of those stores you can drive to another one within 5-10 minutes.

Last edited:
I had never seen the big GTCs until last week, couldn't help but think how ridiculous those things are :rolleyes:

Maybe you should do a little research before you make pointless threads

Nothing is Pointless at thebreakroom. Some stores just function differently than others. Maybe they just never used the Ginormous GTC before. (it is possible). No reason to attack someone with your comment.

I haven't seen them at my store. We write a lot of GTCs, though, so those would never fit on our Great Team board.

We've used these forever. We typically don't use them for individuals, but rather for groups; for example, Food Ave when they were green all 4th quarter, or Pharmacy for having high sales for a period of time. I think a GSTL wrote them out to some cashiers for having green conversion for like 6 months straight.

Nothing is Pointless at thebreakroom. Some stores just function differently than others. Maybe they just never used the Ginormous GTC before. (it is possible). No reason to attack someone with your comment.

If anyone is attacking anyone in this thread, it's talan. I simply pointed out that he shouldn't be ignorant about what he mocks. And yes, this thread is probably the most pointless one on the board.

If anyone is attacking anyone in this thread, it's talan. I simply pointed out that he shouldn't be ignorant about what he mocks. And yes, this thread is probably the most pointless one on the board.

Y'know....you don't have to read EVERY thread on here. That's the lovely thing about freedom & choice.
And, since this is a place to VENT as well as learn, it hardly matters whether the thread is substantive or not. Many threads have meandered off-topic but found their way home so people shouldn't get their knickers in a knot.

Not that Talan isn't perfectly capable of handling skiffle like this himself but I'd like to point out that no where in his post did he attack anyone in The Breakroom, only spot.
He also never said that the cards were new just that they were stupid and pointless which makes the thread about something.
Corporate has a tendency to think that recognition (thus the bigger the card the better) with respect (which we get very little of thus the .10 hour raises).

Y'know....you don't have to read EVERY thread on here. That's the lovely thing about freedom & choice.

Obviously

Not that Talan isn't perfectly capable of handling skiffle like this himself but I'd like to point out that no where in his post did he attack anyone in The Breakroom, only spot.
He also never said that the cards were new just that they were stupid and pointless which makes the thread about something.
Corporate has a tendency to think that recognition (thus the bigger the card the better) with respect (which we get very little of thus the .10 hour raises).

He actually did say they are new, which they aren't. They have been around for a while now. You can join in and agree with him. That's fine. But it's a business. It's retail. If you don't agree with the way they do things, by all means at the very least attempt to find a better job. This type of negative posting has been going on for an extremely long time.

And I have no idea what you meant by your last sentence.

Talan has major issues happening at his store. Not his fault. Talan was part of thebr.org group. He has a few degrees & a smart guy.

Obviously

He actually did say they are new, which they aren't. They have been around for a while now. You can join in and agree with him. That's fine. But it's a business. It's retail. If you don't agree with the way they do things, by all means at the very least attempt to find a better job. This type of negative posting has been going on for an extremely long time.

And I have no idea what you meant by your last sentence.

I think we all realize here is that no two stores are the same. Sometimes we get the same things all at the same time but there are things that don't show up in certain areas for quite some time or the ETL's just choose not use them.

On the finding a better job refrain isn't that always the response whenever there is a complaint about the way corporations treat their employees?
Sadly, the economy is in such bad shape it isn't really an option.

But you are very right about my final sentence, very bad phrasing on my part. It should have read: Corporate has a tendency to think that recognition (thus the bigger the card the better) is the same as respect (which we get very little of thus the .10 hour raises).

Last edited:
Very true that no stores are the same. I keep forgetting that I am blessed with an overall good store. There are some bad apples, however nothing is perfect.

I think recognition is a great thing. I love it when everyone acknowledges that I am doing an awesome job. From my experiences, the more recognition someone gets, the better chance they are a good employee. Therefore better raises, and better opportunities. Also from my experience, those GTC are only used for special occasions when someone goes extremely above and beyond their core roles. A prize is usually attached with it. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive one, but when I do it will definitely be a highlight of my Target career (as cheesy as that sounds)

I think the "find another job" comment is very valid if it's getting to this point of complaining. No doubt Talan is a smart guy. However, most of the time I think he has a bad attitude, and I think it shows in his posts. If it's because he has a bad store, that's understandable to an extent, but come on. You're going to attack corporate because there are bigger GTCs? I just don't understand the mindset.

It's nice you're in a store that recognizes you (or ANY hard worker). GTCs were once a way to do just that before they became a watered-down, feel-good that TLs are mandated to give out. At that point, the sincerity goes out the window. The over-sized ones smack of ostentatious-ness.
Unfortunately, many of us are not in such a store or have seen stores we were once proud to be a part of go downhill quickly in a short time.
As to the oft-repeated "If you don't like it, go elsewhere" mantra, easy to say but hard to do in a bad economy.
Talan & many of us WANT to like our job & WANT our company to be better than corner-cutting & cheap tricks.

After my previous post, my store posted a couple giant GTCs. The only reason they used the giant ones was because they were recognizing the whole team rather than any individual TM. I meant to mention this before but I never got around to it until now.

One of our food ave people has one of those big GTC cards displayed on the wall because she does so much. I find it kinda silly to be honest but hey it gives her bragging rights lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back