COVID-19 June 1: The Fitting Rooms Reopen

Are you excited for the Fitting Rooms reopening?

• Oh yes!

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Heck no!

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • I ignored the barriers and signage and have been using the Fitting Rooms all this time LOL

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
All the GS desk folks at my store will be rejoicing!

The expectation at my store to perfectly hang and fold massive amounts of clothing returns for soft lines ... while also running an actual GUEST service desk (you know... serving the actual guest needs) is getting to be ridiculous.

All the GS desk folks at my store will be rejoicing!

The expectation at my store to perfectly hang and fold massive amounts of clothing returns for soft lines ... while also running an actual GUEST service desk (you know... serving the actual guest needs) is getting to be ridiculous.
The clothes won't fold themselves, and I'm sure the staffing numbers in softlines are even worse now than when I worked there, in anticipation that GS are properly packaging returns.

And if guests bring in hardlines items that are still sellable but need to be packaged back up properly, who does that?

The clothes won't fold themselves, and I'm sure the staffing numbers in softlines are even worse now than when I worked there, in anticipation that GS are properly packaging returns.

And if guests bring in hardlines items that are still sellable but need to be packaged back up properly, who does that?
Staffing is bad, especially during the day which means all zoning, reshop and 141s fall on the closers. Who get 4-5 hour shifts. Resets and price changes are being pencil-whipped, as evidenced by the amount of unmarked clearance and salvage on the floor and the amount of bin tags that are wrong in basics. Pogs are tied but not set.

I know how particular you are about your zones Tessa, so you don't want to know what passes for a decent one these days!

Staffing is bad, especially during the day which means all zoning, reshop and 141s fall on the closers. Who get 4-5 hour shifts. Resets and price changes are being pencil-whipped, as evidenced by the amount of unmarked clearance and salvage on the floor and the amount of bin tags that are wrong in basics. Pogs are tied but not set.

I know how particular you are about your zones Tessa, so you don't want to know what passes for a decent one these days!

A big reason for that is staffing as for the past year, at least at my store, Style hours have been cut to the bone. Opening up the fitting rooms should help with sales and maybe, hopefully, give Style enough hours that they can do their jobs.

A big reason for that is staffing as for the past year, at least at my store, Style hours have been cut to the bone. Opening up the fitting rooms should help with sales and maybe, hopefully, give Style enough hours that they can do their jobs.
I was told that "there's been talk" of scheduling someone during the day once the fitting rooms open up. Let's hope it's true. Otherwise I will be coming in to more of a shitshow than I am now. I mean, I like a challenge, but damn.

I hear that. And of course repackaging hardlines and even folding/hanging soft lines returns is part of the job.

but there is an excessive amount of soft lines returned due to the fitting room being closed. It’s no longer just “I changed my mind”. It’s 10 swimsuits sets, 8 pairs of jeans, and so on. Those items wouldn’t even be purchased and returned if the fitting rooms were open.

a&a is comping up hard pretty much chainwide so "helping with sales" shouldn't mean anything

payroll is just being allocated in bad ways right now which is why things are tough
To be fair, style is comping up huge because last year we didn't sell apparel for a few months basically. How are we comping vs 2019?

I hear that. And of course repackaging hardlines and even folding/hanging soft lines returns is part of the job.

but there is an excessive amount of soft lines returned due to the fitting room being closed. It’s no longer just “I changed my mind”. It’s 10 swimsuits sets, 8 pairs of jeans, and so on. Those items wouldn’t even be purchased and returned if the fitting rooms were open.

Just did a return for over $1000 of style because “I needed to buy multiple sizes since I couldn’t try it on.” Not all returns are as egregious, but hopefully the fitting rooms opening helps both GS and Style out a little.
Let's hope!

I was told that "there's been talk" of scheduling someone during the day once the fitting rooms open up. Let's hope it's true. Otherwise I will be coming in to more of a shitshow than I am now. I mean, I like a challenge, but damn.

According to the communication that I got, unless you're a small format, there will be open to close FR coverage.

How many closers? We only have 1 for all of gm and we are a supert!!!

Back