Archived Just got promoted to Flex TL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey team,

So I got hired as an inbound expert (at the time Flow TM) July 2018, fast forward to now and just got promoted to Flex TL at the same store. I start training (at another Target) this week for 2 weeks for Flex TL. I've only worked like 3 flex shits my entire time at target. Any tips, advice, suggestions, warnings? I'm so excited but also nervous.

1. Learn as much as you can in those two weeks because guaranteed it still won’t be enough.
2. Ask a lot of questions.
3. Truly understand how to utilize the zebra, the RFID sled, the reports and the metrics to get the best results.
4. Hope to have, or create, the best team members.
5. Be prepared for multitasking, being very busy and being under pressure of goal times.

Congrats! I wish you good luck and an ETL with a working brain and an understanding heart (or at least a brain and a heart) because leading flex can be a rough ride if your leadership doesn’t back you up. If you have any veteran TMs on your team, they should be able to help you get a good start and give you tips to help you succeed. In the old days it was “take care of your team and they will take care of you”. I hope this is still true even in the dog-eat-dog world of Modernization. As hardlinesmaster said, the clock is not your friend. In fact, goal times are the enemies that must be mastered because green metrics are essential to your success. Again, congrats and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back