Archived Just promoted to Softlines TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

So i have just been promoted to SL TL and i honestly have no idea how to set an adjacency, POG etc. i know i will get trained but i hate not knowing anything ahead of time, this worries me. HELP!!!

so were you a tm on the other side? Just trying to figure out how best to help you.

You should receive your 2 weeks if training at a "green" store and they will teach you everything about pogs, adjacencies, and anything leaders in the building will be required to do (scheduling, coaching)

I've been in target for 3 years. i started in soft lines as a zoner, then i got moved to cosmetics and hard lines zone captain. i did help setting up end caps but the POG'S were always tied and ready to go, i never had to do the whole prep of them. Now being promoted to softlines, i have no clue of what goest down with the VA's and POG'S. This is what worries me the most.

yeah i know ill get the training but i want to know the basics ahead of time :)

Honestly, setting adjacencies is no different than setting any other POG. Spot gives you these fancy books for each section with pics of how they want it to look. I'm sure they will show you how to tie and pull. In each adjacency guide there is a master layout of each store prototype which tells you where every rack/table should be set.

If you are still at your home store and are waiting on training - you can go onto workbench and there are new trainings up and available about setting POGs and also about setting Adjacencies. Get with your ETL Softlines and ask if there is anything they can show you here or there to give you a jump on your training, or another SLTL that you feel comfortable asking. Good luck!

Knowing how to do the "stuff" will come along with training...a few thing the trainers can't teach: Introduce yourselves to your team (unless you are staying at your home store) and learn who knows how to do what the best. Learn that it's okay to ask questions and really listen to the answers. Be willing to dig in and reshop and zone.

thanks guys, I've started training and I'm getting more familiar with what goes down behind the scenes.

Honestly, setting adjacencies is no different than setting any other POG. Spot gives you these fancy books for each section with pics of how they want it to look. I'm sure they will show you how to tie and pull. In each adjacency guide there is a master layout of each store prototype which tells you where every rack/table should be set.

LOL! Now, if only those fancy books were always right... >< Once again we've had to fight with the NIT setup. Whoever these yahoos are who put together the floor plans, do not have any realistic idea of how big the floor pad is or even the fixtures they're working with. Then they draw lines between the brands to show their idea of separation and can't see the huge gaping hole they left in the setup. I know they say the VA's are only "guides" but geez... NIT gives me a headache every single time. All I can say JRed09 is congratulations. :)

With regard to the Visual Adjacency: COPY your store layout so that you don't have to flip back and forth, don't forget that it is only a guide. Good luck :)

Develop a close relationship with your signing ninja.
They will help you a lot with adjacencies because they have the signs and often know what needs to go where.
Set up a system for he/she to get the smaller signs to you and your people so they don't get lost and can be set correctly.

Develop a close relationship with your signing ninja.
They will help you a lot with adjacencies because they have the signs and often know what needs to go where.
Set up a system for he/she to get the smaller signs to you and your people so they don't get lost and can be set correctly.

Awesome advice! Our signing ninja is absolutely fantastic. Checks on us regularly and makes sure the S points, towers, and billboards are all up to date. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back