Archived Just started at a DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just started 2 weeks ago at the local DC and love it. They offer health ins after 90 days can anyone tell me a little on the plans? they didnt say much because it will be talked about in 45 days. I just wanna know If i should hit up the affordable health care from the gov or wait it out. I have a family of 4 " me, wife and 2 kids" how much does good ins run and how much is an office visit most times

I'm not in a DC, but I believe there is a tax penalty if you are uninsured for over a month. You may want to read up on how the laws go before deciding to ride it out for 3 months.

If it were just you, riding it out would be risky at best but with a family you don't dare leave anything to chance.
Car accident, falling on the playground, sudden illness - any of those can jump to thousands of dollars in short order.
An ER visit for a broken wrist can run $1200 ($500 copay most ins), Minute Clinic for stitches can run $400 ($75 copay most ins), doctor's visit for strep or other illness can run $132 not including cultures or bloodwork ($60 copay most ins).
2/3 of personal bankruptcies involved a medical crisis, even with insurance.
Get the health.gov coverage even if it's short term.
Don't jeopardize your family's well-being.

I just got hired for the udc in my area, and I was offered a shift that has a key premium pay rate. What does that mean. Also do we get paid time and a half for working on sunday?

We have very few members at udc here. The udc just started test shipments this month. We have very limited info. Ask your interviewer those questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back