Archived Keying in Backroom Locations for Subt or Sto

Status
Not open for further replies.

I started that thread, and I was kinda looking for that sort of info, but I was f-ing shocked to find that one out. I did a lot of digging before I started asking questions, that one did not turn up. Hopefully that loophole gets closed soon.

Hmmm, do you mean the timers on cafs?
http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/7058-Pull-timeliness?highlight=Cafs

Last edited:
I use SUBT quite frequently in Pfresh. I have to wait a solid 10-15 seconds sometimes for Item Search to load, so I can't wait for how sluggish this will be. The next worse thing they could do is move QMOS to web apps...

Doing defectives on anything that can't be QMOSed takes much longer ever since they got rid of SDEF. I absolutely hate it now.

Wait they changed how you defect things out on SD registers? Haven't been up there in a while.

I think he's talking about using the PDA for defectives. As far as I know, nothing has changed recently on the Guest Service registers.

Ahhh... That sucks. I always loved using the Sort Stuff webapp on my LPDA @ Service Desk... Way faster sorting/defecting than using registers!

I use SUBT quite frequently in Pfresh. I have to wait a solid 10-15 seconds sometimes for Item Search to load, so I can't wait for how sluggish this will be. The next worse thing they could do is move QMOS to web apps...

Doing defectives on anything that can't be QMOSed takes much longer ever since they got rid of SDEF. I absolutely hate it now.

Wait they changed how you defect things out on SD registers? Haven't been up there in a while.

I think he's talking about using the PDA for defectives. As far as I know, nothing has changed recently on the Guest Service registers.

Ahhh... That sucks. I always loved using the Sort Stuff webapp on my LPDA @ Service Desk... Way faster sorting/defecting than using registers!

The Sort Stuff webapp is still there. Sounds like SDEF was a RF App which was much faster than Sort Stuff.

The Sort Stuff webapp is still there. Sounds like SDEF was a RF App which was much faster than Sort Stuff.

SDEF was the RF app that we used to use for processing defectives with the old red/yellow/green license plate stickers. It was nice and simple, you scanned the item and the screen told you which sticker to put on it and then scan that. No waiting for the stupid printer to make one for you, no 5 seconds of waiting after every scan, it could run as fast as you could keep scanning.

The web app is sufficient when you are defecting out 1 item at a time like at the service desk or the occasional broken item from the truck. It absolutely sucks when you have entire cases of product to scan.

*cough* my guest service desk doesn't close out the crc/salvage carts
*cough* etl-ap doesnt see how this could be a shortage concern
SIGH

As to the original topic, I did try keying location in SUBT with no success today. Also tried STO-9999 (not SUBT which I know) which I had recently read about, and also did not work at my store. If there's a trick aside from what's been mentioned in this thread for keying locations I'd like to know, or else I'm curious why it didn't work for me and worked for someone else. I mostly just want to know what loopholes there are for people burning batches, because a lot of batches get burned at my store and I'm trying to fix that, unless those tricks already got fixed in our system.

As a side note, it's always possible to just print your own location labels if you can't get to the label or it's not scan-able. I've had to LOCU a location that was not accessible just to close out an autofill, and then go back and pull that merchandise by hand at a later time. As far as printing location labels - it's very easy, if you don't already know how to you should ask your leadership. At my store we don't tell everyone this just like we don't teach backstocking in SUBT because the lazy and irresponsible can use those tools to burn batches and make their lives easier while ruining the rest of our lives. If you're just trying to do your job, then yes you can print all the labels needed to scan them and complete your pulls. There's really no need to key in locations as far as I know.

SIGH

Shouldn't be a shortage concern since the items are already defected out and removed from inventory...

Also SDEF sounds great! Sort stuff was nice when you had a literal pile of shit and it wasn't all defective.

SIGH

Shouldn't be a shortage concern since the items are already defected out and removed from inventory...

Also SDEF sounds great! Sort stuff was nice when you had a literal pile of shit and it wasn't all defective.

Except that those items are being shipped back to the manufacturer or sold to various sources to recover some of the cost back. If someone walks out the door with them, the store still loses some money.

SIGH

It isn't the closing out of the CRC carts that will cause the issue. A shortage concern will only come in to play when that merchandise does not make it back to the CRC. When something is defected out it comes out of the store's on hands but isn't dropped from the financials until it is scanned at the CRC. If it goes missing between the store and CRC you've got yourself some shortage

SIGH

Except that those items are being shipped back to the manufacturer or sold to various sources to recover some of the cost back. If someone walks out the door with them, the store still loses some money.

That's a whole different issue....

What CAN cause shortage (and probably what ap meant?) is forgetting to audit the LP Audit/Void binder... If you forget to cancel LPs, you will have a bunch of -1s in inventory that can throw things out of whack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, what I was getting at is the 'oh i'm gonna crc this tablet then take it home with me' sort of thing. which does show up on crc-aging but nowhere near fast enough.

Yeah, what I was getting at is the 'oh i'm gonna crc this tablet then take it home with me' sort of thing. which does show up on crc-aging but nowhere near fast enough.

Barcode, when the yellow defectives are closed, the worklist is enclosed with the items to show what CRC items have been defected out. I believe this is what GrumpyAP is talking about.

Barcode, when the yellow defectives are closed, the worklist is enclosed with the items to show what CRC items have been defected out. I believe this is what GrumpyAP is talking about.

From what I gathered, the list is merely for auditing the CRC box... All the information needed is on the scannable LP.. So if you forget to put the list in, should still be okay.

We were told to not even audit the Salvage, and usually just threw out the list.

Yep. That's it.
They dont close out the yellow defectives. it's just tape up the box and send it back there. SPLENDID.

I have tried manually entering a location in STO, doesn't work because when i look at the screen it adds a special character towards or at the end of the location. Never tried it in SUBT, i will have to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back