Archived Know your codes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost had a reverse code yellow, yes I know that isn't a real code. Kid wondered into the backroom and a vendor brought her out, luckily kid's adult was only about 20ft away so it ended quickly.

Man at my store no one knows codes LOL like they will yell over the walkie I need security are they in the building this mother or father lost their child. Or guys this lady slipped on a glass bottle we need lod ASAP lol great way what to call on the walkie

Yesterday at my store this newbie called out code yellow and gave out his name after the LOD said no names he repeated the name like two or three times ugh.

We had a code green on Black Friday. At least there was plenty of LODs to respond.

We had a serial pooper and pisser at my store. Signature was a giant McDonalds cup and Arizona tea can in their puddle of piss. They always did it in the giant planters we have in seasonal in the spring and summer. Think we eventually nabbed them for indecent exposure and vandalism cause they’d ruined a couple hundred dollars worth of nice planters over the course of their shenanigans.

This may out me, but it's okay. We had a team member that got fired, that was has been threatening the store and specific TMs. We changed the passcode to clerical for the first time since the store opened because of this and have literally had huddles with the team with information as well as police at the store for this person. Scary.

With all that’s been going on with “Modernization” and the 4th quarter, these new team members aren’t being trained as properly as I’d like to see. I come from a pretty average sized store that had a lot of traffic and they knew all the codes and regularly cared about them and did drills to be sure team members all knew what was expected (all except for code red, a LOD would randomly come up and ask us if we knew where the meet up spot is). But coming into a new store which is the same size, but a lot less guests, I’ve noticed no one really knew what a code yellow actually meant. The GSTL was the one watching the front doors, and she literally went on the walkie to ask “can I allow people to enter the store?” 🤦🏼‍♂️ I wish I was making this up, and I’ve put in a formal complaint but thought I should put it here for others to note this problem in their store.

This is why I put the official code list with what to do for each in new hire kits for orientation classes.

Almost had a reverse code yellow, yes I know that isn't a real code. Kid wondered into the backroom and a vendor brought her out, luckily kid's adult was only about 20ft away so it ended quickly.
I had one of those. Little girl who looked 5 just stood there staring at me as I was picking up NIT clearance. I called to the woman on the other side of the bar "Your daughter is on this side" and she said "No, she's not my kid". I looked at another woman about 10 feet away, said "Is this your kid?" and she said "No." I looked at the kid and asked "Are you lost?" and she nodded. At that point I panicked on the inside but tried to display the attitude of complete calm/this is a hiccup, she'll be home soon, so the little girl wouldn't panic.

Edit: It'd be nice if there was some sort of official "this is what to do" for lost parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back