Archived Labels with price per measuring unit coming soon?

• Thread starter Pfreshbackroomguy
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
That must do wonders for the "But the price said..." people

We have unit prices at my store, but the only time I've had to deal with that is when people misread the banana signs and assume they're $.24/lb rather than $.24 each. When we opened our P-Fresh last year, a guest actually argued with our old CTL (who, conveniently enough, was covering GSTL's break) about it.

After a little sleuthing I used the store number on the label strip to find the location. I then looked up the laws for that state and can say that it is a law for them. My guess is that it is not a pilot and we shouldn't expect this company wide any time soon...

how do stores not put clearance tickets on items?

He means price stickers for regular prices. Some states require stores to put price tags on every item rather than just using shelf labels. In Super Refund states like NY and MI, stores are granted a waiver from item pricing as long as their scans are accurate. If a guest finds that an item scans for a higher price than what is shown on the shelf, they get a Super Refund. See the following threads:

www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/1665-Scanning-Laws

www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/876-Super-Refund-Law

I'm in one of those Unit Pricing states and we get what's referred to as Weights and Measures visits almost every month. The store gets fined if the Unit Price or what's called Unit of Measure (per each, pound, quart, etc) is incorrect, so every day when doing the label workload I have to make sure everything is right or else send a report up to MySupport so it can be corrected. Not a fun thing to do since I sometimes find 10 pages worth of errors on the labels.

I'm in one of those Unit Pricing states and we get what's referred to as Weights and Measures visits almost every month. The store gets fined if the Unit Price or what's called Unit of Measure (per each, pound, quart, etc) is incorrect, so every day when doing the label workload I have to make sure everything is right or else send a report up to MySupport so it can be corrected. Not a fun thing to do since I sometimes find 10 pages worth of errors on the labels.

My state is the same way.
Personally I think it should be this way everywhere.
It makes explaining why buying that big bag is in fact really cheaper much easier.

I originally came from Massachusetts, which required Unit Pricing on the shelf labels, as well as stickers on all consumables......talk about adding a whole bunch of time to processing product.....it would take 3 or 4 minutes to handle a box that would take 30 seconds without it.....In 3 years at Wally World, we got a Weights and Measures visit once, and out of 40 items, one item was mispriced, and it was stickered higher than it rang up (a jar of Tostitos Salsa, which sold for $1.78 and the Frito Lay Vendor had marked $1.87).....he told us we could exempt I think it was 400 items or so that wouldn't be required to have prices on them, and the store manager decided that it would be better to do that to the cigarettes.....don't miss those days.....I prefer open the box, and throw on the shelf....don't have to keep track of a pricing gun either.....

Having worked at Target in CT when they had a unit pricing law, I can tell you those pricing guns were annoying. It was hard to find one because people stored them in their lockers. Then the tape would run out at the wrong moment and it was hard to track down a fresh roll. Then they jammed easily and it wasn't always easy to fix them and the people who could were never around when you needed them.
I was so glad when we were told we no longer had to price stuff.

I did my senior research project on unit prices on shelf labels. Had a whole gondola, bought different sizes of food, made different labels, etc. The finding of the study: Nobody cared about unit pricing.

I did my senior research project on unit prices on shelf labels. Had a whole gondola, bought different sizes of food, made different labels, etc. The finding of the study: Nobody cared about unit pricing.

You're right people don't because they aren't taught anything about it in school.
There needs to be classes in how to shop, (replacing Home Ec.), and how to cook a decent, healthy meal with basic, cheap food.

I was at a Kohl's the other day & they had digital signing.
I'd heard talk about it but had never seen them. One of their sales folk told me it was great for flipping prices when a sale was ending, items were moved, etc but they still use stickers for clearance.
Thought it was way cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back