Archived laptop returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the exact policy on returning laptops and Ipads? The Target policy says the item has to be "new and unused"........
So if a guest opens a laptop, looks at it for 5 seconds. and then decides they don't like it can they return it?
Technically it's "unused" but the package is open so another guest probably would not buy it since it's open.
Our GSTL says the guest can't return it if the box is open. but then later I find open ones in the return cart,
so "someone" is letting the guests return them, even though the GSTL says no. (Personally I would not buy an open box laptop
because whover had it before could have put a virus on it and then returned it to the store.)

The only thing that it says on target.com is that it must be returned within 30 days.

Of course we know from our training if there is any chance the product has been used and could have personal information on it, it must be defected out. So that would mean turned on for 5 seconds or more, it must be defected out and should in no circumstances return to the floor.

I'm fairly sure that according to BP, you should still accept a return without packaging, as long as its new and unused. Also, at my store we defect all electronic items, no matter how new and unused they are to protect any potential personal information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back