Archived Last 4 digits for high purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why we have to enter the last 4 digits of people's credit cards when they make high purchases?

If they are buying an Ipad(s)... when the system ask you for those 4 digits always take a card in your hand, don't ask them to tell you. EVERY day I have people with fake cards, they have IDs matching the cards and even if you enter four digits from a card it will go, but the card is fake. Its good to check the card, like the quality of the print. If the card looks ''cheap'', just call GSTL to double check.

When I see those cards, I just put some other last four digits and it will not be approved, and you see on them that they are not surprised. You can recognize them when you ask them for attachments and they will anything,... you can see they don't care about the price (because its not there money). :D

If you want to double check, you can ask for their ID and the card at the same time. You can make sure the ID matches the card holder.

That's what I do. I make sure the names match before I even type the last 4 digits.

If they are buying an Ipad(s)... when the system ask you for those 4 digits always take a card in your hand, don't ask them to tell you. EVERY day I have people with fake cards, they have IDs matching the cards and even if you enter four digits from a card it will go, but the card is fake. Its good to check the card, like the quality of the print. If the card looks ''cheap'', just call GSTL to double check.

When I see those cards, I just put some other last four digits and it will not be approved, and you see on them that they are not surprised. You can recognize them when you ask them for attachments and they will anything,... you can see they don't care about the price (because its not there money). :D

It's not your place to deny someone's card because you think it's fake. If you have strong reservations about a transaction, ask someone else to finish it and tell AP.

You can't purposely enter wrong digits to make the transaction not go through. For all you know that person could be wealthy and want an ipad.
If have any after thoughts, let AP know.

My contribution to this was one day a lady came through buying an iPad with a visa gift card. When I asked to see it she told me she left the card in her car. Then proceeded to hand me her regular debit card, asking if that would work. I reassured I only needed to see the card she just paid with, the one in her other hand. Her husband goes, "oh, I have cash in the car" I hear my name over the walky and sneakily ask ap to come back. The moment they saw ap walking up they both ran out of the store. Well, they decided to split up to leave. Getting lost in grocery for a few minutes before they finally made it out. AP only laughed about it and said "good job on the recovery"

My ETL and AP told us to do that. As I wrote, that happens a lot at my store. You can recognize a fake cc when you see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back