Archived Last 4 numbers on credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstm1854

gaining experience
On credit card transactions over $100 there is a prompt to enter the last 4 digits of the credit card being used after the total is hit and the "guest" has signed the pad. What is the point of this? Is it a safety feature? If so, how?

Sometimes it asks for a high amount, sometimes it doesn't. If the guest is grouchy and has already put their card away, it really pisses them off. People are such douches. Is it really that inconvenient to pay for your stuff with a piece of plastic, rather than go the bank and get cash out or write a check?

I've been wondering about this myself. I don't cash nearly as much as I used to, so I rarely know about such changes these days.

I thought it was $200 that it asks for the 4 digits, but oh well.
Do I give a crap when the guest gets pissy when I ask for their card? Nope. Not at all. Although I do try and let them know that I may need to see their card.

Yeah, that's against the cardholder agreement Spot signed with the credit card companies, and could get them in a lot of trouble. If the transaction goes through, a business is not allowed to ask for ID.

I think because POS asks before the transaction is complete ... it hasn't 'gone through' and ... spot found themselves a lovely red loophole

just enter 6666 and say "beetlejuice, beetlejuice,beetlejuice" and see what happens ... dayo
giphy.gif
dayo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back