Archived layoffs and hours cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends rumor has it they will be laying off a bunch of team members to give the ETLs from Canada hourly jobs...
I call bs on that...

It ain't easy or cheap to bring Canadians into the US for work. There is no good reason for Target to do that and it is difficult to imagine ETLs picking up their lives and moving to another country for an hourly job with a retail store.

Balancing the logistics between laying off certain TM's to accommodate ETL's from another country sounds beyond what Spot is capable of.

What will most likely happen is that there will be a handful of ETL's/STL's that are "salvageable" that have citizenship in the States. Probably the ones that transferred from the States in the first place. They will be placed in their original market and the DTL will either have to fit them in considering their current head count or bench that ETL until something comes available. But ETL turnover is so freaking high already that I'm sure it's not even considered to be an issue.

A couple of things:

1) Money is set aside for Target Canada employees at all levels (mostly salaried people). They get a piece of that small pie, not job opportunities in the states. Target's strategy in Canada is abandoning a sinking ship. They'll save the women and children, have the orchestra continue to play music to keep them calm, but in the background they are screaming to GTFO as soon as possible. For American STLs/ETLs that went north, there may be a transition plan back to the states, but not for Canadian folks. With ETL turnover in some markets, they'll have a job - just depends on the ETL if they want to take it.

2) Articles and news reports on cuts point to corporate jobs being the first to get cut. I think it's safe to say that no one is immune from being let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back